Problems with Viper 791XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rpitup 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2005 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys,

I got a Viper 791XV alarm installed a little while ago on my 1998 VT Commodore but just recently i have been having a few problems. Today i noticed that when i tried to arm and disarm the alarm, there were no chirps. The indicators still flashed and the doors locked and unlocked though. I checked the LED and the EL armed indicator and both do not light up either. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Also, the remote start used to work fine, but now when i start the car pressing the brake pedal does not cut out the engine.

Any help would be appreciated.

RPITUP

eurotek 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
the remote start is simple, brake connection must be bad, never found a DEI unit to have such problems,

if parking lights flash and doors unlock, ur probably in valet...
the led is a plugin, has this been altered?
the EL, is it hooked up properly? use the orange on the 12 pin harness, if u have anything else on this wire, diode isolate
rpitup 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2005 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

Nope the LED and EL have not been altered at all. Both worked fine for 6 months before this happened too.

rpitup 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, i just went and disabled valet mode then.

Then i tried to start the car and it wont start. It just clicks a few times and sets the alarm off when i hold the ignition in start. (the siren stops when i stop trying to turn the car on)

I turned the alarm off with the key in the siren and then turned it back on. Armed the alarm and it gave 4 chirps and 3 blinks on the LED. I checked the manual and it says door trigger.

It still wont let me start the car though.

Is there a way i can reset it completely?

vinman75 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2005 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

Then i tried to start the car and it wont start. It just clicks a few times and sets the alarm off when i hold the ignition in start. (the siren stops when i stop trying to turn the car on)

It sounds like your main battery in the car is dead. If it was the alarm not letting the car start there wouldn't even be any clicks from the starter. Also if the alarm is armed and you turned your key to the on(not run) position that would cause the alarm to go off instantly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic