icon

2001 Ford Sport Trac Factory Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roulmd 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me how I can tell if my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac is equipped with a factory alarm?  I know it has the Securi-Lock feature, which is the transponder key, and a theft light that comes on when the ignition is turned off, because the owners manual addresses that feature.  I don't have a clue if there is an alarm installed or not.
Robdude30 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to roll down your drivers window, shut the door, and lock with your keyfob. Come back a few minutes later and manually open the door by reaching in the window and pulling the handle. If no horns go off, then you don't have a factory alarm.
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Most likely it is equiped with an oem alarm.  You can test it like Robdude says.   It is very easy to disarm but DK GREEN/ ppl in the drivers kick with - before or during unlock. test with a DMM as always.

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
To arm it you need to trigure the #9 and #7 key on the keypad at the same time.    #9 is yellow/black #7 is green red.  Both -  You can find them in the harness coming from the drivers door.  You also need to diode isolate them so you will need 2 diodes.   You can use this instead of the lock wire.  When you push lock it will pulse both these wire and doors will lock and alarm with arm. 
roulmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you both very much.  This is a tremendous help.  Can you please elaborate a bit - I am a novice on "DK GREEN/ ppl in the drivers kick with - before or during unlock".  I don't understand what DK means and I think you are saying GREEN/ pink-purple stripe. 

Also, would you happen to know how  and where to hook up the unlock to disarm the factory alarm?  I have it hooked to the unlock wire now, and the GEM module goes to sleep after some time, and the unlock will not work.  This only happens when I lock the car with the factory remote, or by pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the keypad.

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
arm and disarm of that factory alarm is through the lock and unlock although there is a wire colored.  dark green /purple.  and this vehicle has a door lock mod that goes to sleep after a certain amount of time  so it needs to be woken up , this is required if you are adding a alarm/keyless entry system.  but not all vehicals they started it in 2001 but you may not have it.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
roulmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2002 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Mine does go to sleep, so how do I wake it up?  Do I connect the unlock from the keyless entry/remote start to the DK GREEN/ Purple to disarm and unlock the doors?  I have the keyless entry wired not directly to the lock and unlock wires, which is the lock/unlock switch in the door.  I'm not sure that this arms and disarms the alarm, as well as I know it does not wake up the module on the unlock.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic