icon

Calling on the experts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

That sounds like a good idea. But if you have room I would lean toward a 10” sub it will sound a lot cleaner. If you want something loud clean and crisp that’s what MB Quart is known for. But defiantly listen to all your options before you buy.

RocknLesabre 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

bberman1,

WOW! your right they do have that set as low as 292.00 on ebay, I am getting them! I have a good feeling about these puppys!

before I order them do you know what the minimum wattage requirement for these speakers is? All I have right now is a head unit with 22watts RMS per channel.I AM going to put a good amp on these yet not right away, If they cannot be played I'll sit them on a shelf till I get the amp.

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
If you plan on getting an amp then I would put them on the shelf. The recommended power rating is between 90-170 watts rms.
RocknLesabre 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  

Hey bberman1 ! (or anyone willing to help)

On the MB Quart QM 219.61Q Speakers specs it states that the crossover frequency is 2600 Hz Hz, what does that mean exactly?and why is that important? If you will please help me to understand that a little better, also the specs state a crossover slope of 18db

The frequency response on this speaker set are 48hz to 32,000 Hz ,I understand what that means yet I am wondering when I install the 8" subwoofer up front what frequency should that speaker play, what wattage?, any help on that would be great.

this is what I think I plan on doing...I will place the MB quart component set up front with an 8" speaker for the bass(I can only fit one 8 " up front)maybe a four channel amp running the speaker set and the 8 in trimode?... good idea??

In the trunk I will place  a 10" subwoofer, maybe a 12" subwoofer in the trunk, ...MAYBE a box with two 10's (not sure yet)                                                                                                                    in the rear deck I will place two 6" x 9" 's...then amp both the sub(s) in the trunk and the 6" x 9" 's (not sure about the amp configuration for those yet either)

What would be the best amp to use for the components up front both type and brand? well I think that's all the questions,..for now

THANK YOU!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic