icon

Hitech alarm troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
91lxvert 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

I bought a Hitech ht455 and for one the instructions were written by four year olds, the wiring diagram calls for somethings like a door dormer, and engine cap, and the mainlights, have no clue what they meant.

trying to program the settings, go into valey then trun of ignition,press switch 4 times then press buttons 1&2 on transmitter to go into program mode, i can get up to the press the 2 buttons together thing and it exits program mode.(the stupidest ones are enabled) i cannot enter program mode ive tried multiple times, does anyone have any experience with one of these or any advice whatsoever they can help me out with.

thanks in advance

91lxvert 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
well i did a search, a few actually and still couldnt come up with an answer, so ive been messing with it and i still cannot enter programming mode, i can set default settings but no programming mode.
im wondering if a certain coup[le of wires have to be connected becasue i am not running all of em just the ones i needed, or thought i needed.
anyone have a clue on these things, i for one am extreemly dissatisfied with this.
thanks
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

i would think the door dormer would be the dome light circuit, the engine cap maybe the coil signal wire and the mainlights light ouputs. 

try using a dmm to test these wires and see what they do when arm and disarm let me know how u get on.

91lxvert 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

well, the alarm does everything i want it to (keyless,trunk,shock,door trigger, parking light flash) it doesent have remote start so im thinking engine cap is for engine compartment and not the coil, like a hood switch, output from wire is just like door trigger. i was assuming the same for the domelight thing with door dormer, but i dont want to run that one. im not understanding the use of the mainli9ght wire, other than possible a headlight on monitor or something.

but my main problem is not being able to get into program mode, so

anyone happen to have a phone number to this company because the wonderful manual did not supply one.

also joe_1 thank you for the suggestions

shortdogchap 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

i  know somebody who hooked up that exact alarm.......i confirm what joe_1 said .......the misspelled "dormer" is the dome lamp circuit..............the engine cap is the coil...........and the headlight output.......happy wiring

steve
elliot 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2005 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys

had a recomendation from e30zone so first of all hello :)

right i have this alarm and the wirrin diagram is pooh to say the least.

domelamp circuit? by this do you mean the interior light?

the coil? do i need to actually connect it or just wrap it around the ht lead, if seen this done on other alarms.

headlight output? does this need to be on one or both light as it is two seperate circuits.as this alarm warns you when the lights are left on im kinda getting the impresion the main lights and dome light have a theoretical connection (i dont mean this litterally though)

what dya reckon?

great forum btw!

regards

elliot

nguyenphananh 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2005 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

hi 91xlvert

Im so happy to find your message here..I've been crazy in the last few days trying to figure this out.  Im in the exact position like you: only need keyless entry, so I didnt connect all the wires.  I left out the engine imobilize wires, trunk, hook, dorm light, main light...only connect  the door lock/unlock, power, ground, siren, negative door trigger, brake wire.  Cant go into programing (not even valet mode).  Thought I did something wrong so I called the factory # (on the box), they said the model was discontinue 2 years ago and they dont know anything.  So I contacted the people I bought it from, they dont know anything more than me...exchange for another one didnt help.  Im so frustrated right now.  By the way, where are you locating at? if we are close, I might stop by and try to do something about it...Im living in orang county, los angeles area....

Anyway, anybody have any miracle  solution, please let us know...thank a thousand times 

91lxvert 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2005 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

im down in lancaster,ca, kinda a ways away.

when i wired mine in i used one parking lamp wire(white),trunk wire(RED / white)main power(red),ground(black),locks(blue and green)door trigger - (purple(ford))then for the ignition disable relay i cut the yellow(thin) going to it from the alarm and wired that to key on12v+ then took the second yellow (thin)wire coming out of where the yellow went in and wired to full time 12v+ and wired it as a starter kill with the orange coming from the alarm as the trigger and thick yellows as the disable.

fortunatley this is not my first install as i installed a avistart 4400 in my other car so i was able to kind of figure a few things out but it still isnt right, i still dont have door dormer, engine cap, brake switch and main lights wired up.

as of right now i disabled the purple wire so the door triggers dont work and it doesent do the stupid door open warning, but this kind of defeats the purpose of the alarm, so i wont be able to work on it again till sunday, so if anyone comes up with an answer please help all of us with ht455's out

91lxvert 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
just a thought, may be able to connect mainlight,domedormer to the same source just to get it to see a signal, maybe even engine cap, dont have "manual" in front of me to see outputs but maybe
nguyenphananh 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I also tried to disconnect the door trigger wire like your, that would eliminate the door warnning problem, but then it created another problem:  everytime I unlock the door (using the key fob), within 15 seconds, the door would automatically lock....and it kinda annoy some time.  So basically, the door lock itself all the time...wonder if you have observe the same problem?!  that why I have to reconnect the door trigger wire, and disconnect the siren for now (to avoid the noisy beep).  Also, according to the information on this forum, the door trigger and dorm light on the my car are the same wire (according to my interpretation)!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic