icon

hitech mobile security ht-455

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dakes4 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hi can anybody help I have a hitech mobile security ht-455 still in the box I am looking at the manual for the wiring diagram and it all looks straight forward apart from the WHITE/ blue wire going to engine cap (o/p –500ma) what is this engine cap ?

shortdogchap 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

the engine cap is the ignition coil

steve
dakes4 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks wounld this be a small black wire as it as (o/p-500ma)
lastdiy4me 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

I installed an HT-455 on my 96 Accord today.  I didn't care about the ignition kill feature, so I didn't connect anything to the coil.  However, there is a yellow wire that is listed as ignition coil.  I reasoned that if they translated it correctly one time, they probably would have gotten it right the second time.   I guessed that engine cap was for the hood opening sensor which some cars have.  Since I didn't use it, I can't be sure.

FYI,  if you try to program the module, the instructions are terrible.  To get into programming mode, when they instruct you to press the I and II buttons at the same time, they mean the lock / unlock button, and the option II button.  When they say to use the I and II buttons to program, they should have said Trunk and option I buttons.

Good Luck.

lastdiy4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

I installed an HT-455 on my 96 Accord today.  I didn't care about the ignition kill feature, so I didn't connect anything to the coil.  However, there is a yellow wire that is listed as ignition coil.  I reasoned that if they translated it correctly one time, they probably would have gotten it right the second time.   I guessed that engine cap was for the hood opening sensor which some cars have.  Since I didn't use it, I can't be sure.

FYI,  if you try to program the module, the instructions are terrible.  To get into programming mode, when they instruct you to press the I and II buttons at the same time, they mean the lock / unlock button, and the option II button.  When they say to use the I and II buttons to program, they should have said Trunk and option I buttons.

Good Luck.

Daz7906 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone hooked up a window roll modual to the HT-455?  does it roll up the windows when you arm the alarm or do you have to push a button?  I'm installing on this weekend,  I would like to know of any surprizes. Thanks

nguyenphananh 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
following guide on this forum,  I was able to go into programing and change certain default setup.  By any chance you know how to program to learning remote? the instruction says to turn the ignition on and off 4 times to go into learning mode, I followed the manual, and nothing happened...by any chance any body know this?
lastdiy4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

To learn a remote: the instructions say that the system can learn up to 4 transmitters as follows.

Turn the ignition key to on and off 4 times within 15 seconds and then to on.  The system should chirp 5 times.

Press any key on  the transmitter (remote).  The siren will chirp 4 times for the first remote, and one time for each of the next ones.  The system will exit the code learning mode in 15 minutes.  If programmed correctly the siren will chirp twice, if incorrect it will chrip once.

If you wish to delete transmitters:  The instructions say that there is a "clean-code" button within the main unit.  If you press it for 4 seconds, the led light will flash 8 times - indicating that all transmitters have been deleted.

I haven't had to do this myself, and the instructions are pretty bad with other programming instructions.... so good luck.

nguyenphananh 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

I did like the instruction and nothing happened...from my experience with the instruction manual, it doesnt meant anything...hope some body did this before and can give me the real instruction...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic