icon

2002 cavalier alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hellraiser319 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2005 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  

to get you up to speed, im installing a prestige aps786t with a 555l. basically i know where everything is goin alarm-wise, but need help with the r.s portion.  to my assumption, this is how im seeing it as hooked up:

RED / white (+12 batt 1) (control circuit and ign&2 relays)  -> red ign harness wire(1 of 2 to my understanding)

red (+12 batt 2) ( start and acc relays) -> red ign harness wire #2 (2 of 2 to my understanding)

yellow (starter) -> yellow in ign harness

blue (ign 1 output;only on in run and start) -> pink ign in ign harness

green (ign 2 output; only on in run <not start>) -> brown accy in ign harness

violet (accy output; only on in accy and run) -> orange accy in ign harness

and 555l connections:

r-code, blue, and black i understand, red would go to the red or RED / white above, but theres a pink which would go to the pink on ign harness, but whats the Pink/white wire next to red wire for?  mine, in case i have a freak of nature, in order: red thick, pink/white thick,    pink, violet (not used), blue/black, black, BLACK/ white, and the yellow and yellow/black wires.

if anyone can give me input i would very greatly appreciate it. i can try to elaborate if needed too. i have an understanding on how this stuff works, but wanna make absoutely positive im right b4 i kill my 5 year loan car. 2002 cavalier alarm/remote start -- posted image.  also tryin to get this done by wednesday.....

thanx again,  chris

Hellraiser319 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

by the way, i was asking if the above was correct, not sayin how i did it....  just to set things straight....... any input greatly appreciated.... thanx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic