icon

line level output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
F14crazy 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Howdy. I have a 1989 Buick Reatta. These things don't have a "head unit" but radio functions are controlled by a touch screen CRT, which in turn controls a radio module, and then sends audio out to the speakers. Speakers are round 6.5'' in the rear and 5.25s in the front.
I would like to upgrade my audio system, which includes adding a small 4 channel amplifier. I'll be using a high end amp and speakers. How can I get RCA output from the Reatta's "Electronic Control Center" radio module? I once heard of something called the JL Cleansweep, and it sounds like that's what I need, but isn't that not in production yet?
Can someone please explain what my situation is, and what I need, along with examples of such products? Thank you.
F14crazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I checked Crutchfield and found the Audiolink Powerlink II. It looks like this is what I need. Is this a high quality unit? I ask because of my really high end quality amp and speakers I want to be running. Thanks.
F14crazy 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
And another thing...
For this unit, it looks like I'm going to need two because it only supports two channels. So for 4 channels, I'll need two. But I just said that, ooops.
How do I "merge" these 4 channels together into an RCA signal into a 4 channel amp?
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

Well, to start with, if you are wanting to run a "really high end" amplifier and speakers, you will do yourself no justice using LOC's. You will need an aftermarket HU to have adequate output signal for any high end setup.

Keep in mind that LOC's are breeding grounds for alternator whine, and they make other little "noise" offspring. This is why I recommend an aftermarket HU.

But if you want to continue with the LOC plan, you can "split the output and get your signal for four channels, or you can use two LOC's, but either way, by doing so, in just this scenario, you are diminishing your signal to your amplifier = LOW QUALITY.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic