icon

1996 Ford Taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roulmd 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know any technical secrets how to get the the driver's kick panel wiring harnes on a 1996 Ford Taurus.  It is totally covered with the parking brake.  Do I have to remove the parking brake mount, or is there another place to access the wiring harnes to hook up a keyless entry?
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

It's been a while since I have done one of these cars but I am pretty sure I used to go to the passenger kick panel.  I will look it up in my notes in a book.  I can't even remember if 96 is the new style taurus or the old style.  If it is the old style you will likely have to go to the passenger kick.   Does it have factory keyless entry?

roulmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

It is a new style Taurus.  I have to get to factory alarm disarm, and I also need to be able to get to the keyless entry 9 and 7 buttons for the lock and factory alarm arm, and the door driver door trigger and unlock button for the unlock.  Is this all available in the passenger side??

BTW, I believe you are the person who helped me with the 2001 Sport Trac - locking with the 7 and 9.  Thank you for your help.  I am trying to do the same thing with the 1996 Ford Taurus.

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
keyless module should be right where you would press a clutch pedal   pink / lt. gree  & pink / yellow
Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

You should be able to get all the wires at the keyless module like securinu suggested.  YOu don't want to tap into the 9 and 7 button,  Just use the lock and unlock (pink / YELLOW, pink/green) and the pink/white for disarm.  All are - pulse.

The alarm will arm when you lock the door with this wire.

roulmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  

Just curious, but why on the 2001 Sport Trac did I need to tap into the 7 and 9 buttons in order to arm the GEM to go to sleep?  The lock wire alone would not arm this function - there was no factory alarm on the Sport Trac to worry about arming.  My other options would have been to send a signal to the door trigger and the lock wire at the same time to arm the factory alarm if so equipped.

I don't have to do all this with the 1996 Ford Taurus??  The lock wire alone will arm the factory alarm??

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
You send a signal to the 7 and 9 to arm the alarm.  I bet it does have an alarm ;)  Pressing the lock button will not arm the alarm. 
On the taurus, the lock wire will arm the alarm.
roulmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

I'm confused - yes the Taurus DOES have an alarm.  Do I send a signal to 7 and 9 to lock and arm the alarm on the Taurus, or ONLY send a signal to the lock wire to lock and arm the alarm.

If I use 7 and 9, you wouldn't happen to know the wire code colors would you?  1996 Ford Taurus.

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
you could use either but I don't know the color of the button wires. :(  I might be able to look it up. I will let you know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic