icon

Clifford Smartwindows 4 Adjustment?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Danceheaven 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
HI guys, have fitted Smartwindows 4 to my Intelliguard 950 Alarm along with Intellistart 4 etc all works perfect except for a minor annoyance to the smartwindows function.
The Drivers side (Right in the uk) has a strange annoyance where it cuts power to the motor when the window is half way up /down! i belive it is over current sensing and causing this to happen, as thats how the unit should work based on current sensing (I think) however its set to low for my drivers side, is there any manual adjustment i can make like a pot adjustment on the circuit inside?
The Window makes a clunk at the same point it normally cuts out so i have oiled the guides which has solved that problem however there are some adjusable dampers to stop the glass from vibrating that are set to there minimum and still causing the module to cut the power about 50% of the windows travel.
no further mechanicla adjustment can be made
The car is a 95 Mitsubishi FTO (With the worlds most complex window system ;) )
Any suggestions?
slammed97nismo 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

there should be some dip switchs in the module to raise trhe resistence so it will go all the way up....ussually u have to adjust that for full size trucks and vans but ive never had to on any compact cars though.....give it a shot andd see....dont recall off hand exactly what the window mod looks like...there is either a slide cover on the side of the box or u might have to open it up...hope this helps...

Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Cheers mate, i opened it up and there are no switches :( must be the older model that had adjustments i.e smartwindows II
hmmm how about a small circuit to beef up the output stage slightly that would drive the motors a little bit harder
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
No switches in clifford units.  As long as you programmed it correctly it will automatically adjust current sensing.  It is intended to stop for obstructions and if the window is binding at some point and loads the motor.  The unit will stop thinknig there is a arm or finger caught in it.   Solution, correct the window operation.
Danceheaven 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply
i have had the door card / window mechanism out of the door on many occasions and have tried to dignose what is going on... its a real mystery short of replacing the rollers and the guides i have generously oiled the entire mech and that has seemed to help for now
The porgramming was done many weeks ago and was done at haste so i will redo it to see if that helps
many thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic