Fried System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jumpingc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hello!
I am new here, but interested in installing car audio equipment. I actually attempted some of this today and I think I messed the elec system up. I tried to put in an amp and sub, but the amp did not work so I removed it. I hooked up power and a ground to the spare wheel well, but nothing to the deck. Now my electrical system light is on telling me something is wrong. Any thoughts on what it could be?
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
your alt is more than likly shot. go to a shop and have them check it. Auto zone does it for free.
Big Dave
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
did you fuse the power wire coming off the battery? without a remote turn on the amp wont work.
koreykorey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
is there paint covering the metal that u connected the ground to cuz the amp wont really work if its not grounded correctly, so if theres paint covering the metal scrape it off untill its metal and conenct the ground back up
koreykorey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
is there paint covering the metal that u connected the ground to cuz the amp wont really work if its not grounded correctly, so if theres paint covering the metal scrape it off untill its metal and conenct the ground back up

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic