the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Installers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayyzr 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a 791XV viper in a 1997 Maxima last sat,the first viper system i have done by the way..  the problem I encountered was that everything was a success the system learned the tach and all.. but when I go to remote start it.. the ignition and everything cuts on.. but the starter wire dosn't trigger @ all.. i even tested it.. just stays dead... the relay pack also has four wires next to the satelitte ribbon but I think they are for if I needed to hook up a relay to one of the wires right??? I don't have another relay pack to try so what I'm thinking about doing to day is to send the relay pack back . if anyone have any suggestions on maybe how the relay pack should be connected or if the 4 wires should be used or not.??? Thanks

Taking It 1 Wire @ A Time...
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

Did you hook up both starter wires?

StarterBLACK / YELLOW or BLACK/ White Ignition Switch Harness 
IgnitionBLACK/ White or BLACK/ Red Ignition Switch Harness 
Ignition 2RED / Yellow Ignition Switch Harness 
Ignition 3Starter 2 GREEN/ Green Ignition Harness 

jayyzr 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah.. I hooked up both i just branched off the starter wire.. but the starter wire wasn't giving any output when I tested it.. the ignition(s) & accessory wire tested fine...   but shouldn't they be hooked up w/two seperate relays or it dosn't matter.. if so.. can you give me the hook up...

jayyzr 
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
I mean can you give me the relay wire hook up for the two starter wires..
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
yes you need another relay to power up 2nd starter wire it 86 and 87 12V  30 to starter 85 to  small purple wire from ribbon cable.
jayyzr 
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot.. So the small wires on the from the ribbon are for extra starter, ignition or accessory wire.. Viper Installers - Last Post -- posted image. thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic