icon

Thor Motorcycle alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amidaeus 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

I purchased a Thor (no model number) motorcyle alarm from Ebay. When it arrived there was no manual or any way to identify the connections. I searched the web and this forum to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with this alarm?

The wires are as follows:

These sre the connections I am assuming

black wire w/ring terminal from control module - ground to frame

black wire - negative on battery

red - positive on battery

Connector for siren - siren

These wires, I have no clue

(2) yellow wires - ?

(1) brown - ?

(1) pink - ?

(1) grey - ?

(1) blue - ?

I appreciate any information. I do have the wiring diagram for the motorcycle so that is not the problem. If it helps it is a 1999 Harley Davidson Road King Classic.

If it ain't broke...don't fix it.
bodybuilder 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
An aweful lot of people on Ebay have purchased this alarm and got no instructions with it. It seems their motorcycle alarm is the only one that doens't come with instructions. I purchased the car one myself, It has instructions. The instructions are written by someone who was really bad with the english translation. I could show you the wiring diagram for my car alarm, maybe it could identifify certain colours for what they do on a motorcycle alarm. I imagine a motorcycle alarm would be about the same, but probably a little more basic.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
because if someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thor Motorcycle alarm -- posted image.

I don't know if this is much help with your colours. The yellow wire is runs to my remote starter junk. aswell as the harness with the white, WHITE/ black, blue/black, green... so those wouldn't apply to you at all on a bike. pink is for my siren, but the retard writes prink instead. The yellow/black goes to the tach. My side door negative trigger is blue, which colour isn't listed in the diagram.... did you purchase it from "prike2005" from ebay? this j-erk filed a nonpaying bidder dispute with ebay on me, when I had paid him within minutes of buying his product. the idiot. And he doesn't answer any emails once he has your money and doesn't return feedback at all. He should rename himself to "p***k2005". What you could do is go on ebay, and look at prike2005's shhhty negative feedback on everyone who got the motorcycle alarm and ask them what wire does what. cuase I'm sure several of them have it figured out, and you can contact them.

Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
amidaeus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2005 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks, bodybuilder

your diagram still doesn't help me but I appreciate the effort. I did get a reply to my email and prike says he will send me the manual but I have not seen it yet. He did leave me positive feedback though. I hope someone can help...

jpmarshall 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I found this diagram...hope it helps. I'm thinking about buying this alarm (from the same eBay seller) but you not getting an instruction book concerns me.
http://www.hsalarms.com/wiring.php
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
yellow wires i would guess are for parking lights/indicators..
hope this helps
amidaeus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=jpmarshall]I found this diagram...hope it helps. I'm thinking about buying this alarm (from the same eBay seller) but you not getting an instruction book concerns me.

http://www.hsalarms.com/wiring.php[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This looks like it should work!  I almost gave up. I will let everyone know how it comes out.

amidaeus 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Also. The person selling these on ebay promised to send me a diagram almost three weeks ago... no diagram. I emailed some others who had also bought the alarm and they also recieved no manual.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm's seem to work just great when they're wired up properly. Maybe they fired their lousy translator when they got to the motorcycle alarm, and no such manual exists yet :)*
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic