the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

tweeters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
What are you talking about? Do you or do you not have 6.5"s and 6x9"s? Or do have 4" memphis coaxials? Please explain your plan here with good detail. It is very confusing right now.
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
ok, currently i have 2 6x9's and 2 6.5's. I plan on adding 4 4in speakers and a pair of tweeters. My speakers right now are being powered off of a 200 watt 4 channel amp. My question is how should i power my new speakers?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
I would advise you to not add the four, 4" speakers. I think you will be disappointed in the outcome. Even the addition of the tweeters is questionable.
Why do you want to do this?
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
i want to do this because im about to add 4 more 12's. i have 4 right now and ya its alot of bass. i just want to know should i get another 4 channel amp? and could i power my 4 new speakers and a pair of tweeters off of it?
dwarren 
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
This is becoming a lost cause, 4" speakers are not going solve this issue, I don't think. Adding extra tweeters will simply hasten your hearing loss along with that sub set up.
So to answer your question though, try using the deck first then decide if you want to add an amp. If I were you I would just try the tweeters off the deck, but the addition of the tweeters will add only higher frequencies and your mids will suffer even more. Good luck.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Lost cause...agreed.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
 i would like to add more mids and highs to get over my bass. so i want to add more speakers. how is that a lost cause?
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Adding more is not always the answer. In fact it is seldom the answer.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

umm ok? so waht r u guys telling me to do

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace