icon

2004 Corolla Door Lock Install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tarheel044 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a keyless entry system for a 2004 Corolla and am having a lot of trouble hooking up the door locks. All the system came with is a wiring diagram. The door lock connector has 6 wires.
NC - Unlock        NC - Lock
Comm - Unlock      Comm - Lock
NO - Unlock        NO - Lock
Where do I hook all these up to when the car diagrams only have 1 wire for lock and unlock?
Below is the wiring information I have been using.
Power Lock - Green (-) Driver Kick
Power Unlock - Blue/Yelow (-) Driver Kick (Double Pulse)
Power Unlock - Blue/Black (-) Pass Kick (Single Pulse)
Lock Motor - Blue
Unlock Motor - Red
Should I use two relays with these and how do I wire them? Also, do I have to use the single pulse signal or can I use the double pulse signal on the driver's side? Thanks for the help.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

The COM wires go to Lock & Unlock wires

The NO wires go to GROUND
The N/C wires are not used.
Diode isolate Child Safety wire

Constant 12 voltsWHITEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 voltsBLACK/ WHITEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
StarterREDIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *
Dome LightRED / WHT (DR) , RED / WHT(PS). BOTH (-) AND DIODE ISOLATE **
Trunk Pin SwitchRED / WHITE (-)AT LIGHT IN TRUNK
Parking LampGREEN (+)CONNECTOR ON BACK OF FUSE BLOCK ***
Power LockBLUE/WHITE (- )10 PIN CONNECTOR ****
Power UnlockBLUE / YELLOW ( - )IN DRIVER KICK PANEL
* Remove Positive Battery Terminal If Cutting To Prevent Check Engine Light. ** RED / WHITE (-) Driver Door in 11 Pin Conn, RED / WHITE (-) Passenger Door in 10 Pin Conn. Both Conn. Located On Top Front Of Driver Fuse/Junction Box ***12 Pin Connector
**** Child Safety Lock - WHITE (-) In 10 Pin In Driver Kick Panel.
Child Safety Door Locks

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Tarheel044 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Originally I hooked up the to the 2 pulse lock wire on the driver's side. Should I only use the passenger one pulse lock wire?
Also, do you know how I can connect the turn signal wires? There are 2 positive output signals coming from the alarm but the only wires I can find on the car are under the hood near the fuse box.
Thanks.
shesaidshewas18 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  

Did you mount your actuator already?

As for relays what I do is:

87: 12v fused constant

86 + 87a: Ground

85: Lock or Unlock input

30: Actuator wire input

On the other relay:

87: 12v fused constant

87a + 85: Ground

86: Lock or Unlock input

30: Actuator wire input

To access the parking light wires, remove the drivers door sill along with the kick panel. At one of the wiring harness's toward the bottom of the DKP, cut the electrical tape, and there should be a green wire there. Use a DMM to make sure its the right wire. If you dont see a green wire there, theres another wire loom at the bottom. Cut that one open and check there. If you still cant find it, there's a GREEN / WHITE wire where if you remove 3 screws (2 black screws from the sides of the steering wheel facing the driver and 1 silver screw underneath; above the drivers knees) its on the left side at the white plug I believe.

Tarheel044 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
My keyless module has 2 +10A output wires for the parking lights. (1) Should I connect these together with one wire from the car?
(2) To answer your question above, I didn't install any actuators because I am installing this onto an existing power door lock system. Do I need to install extra relays for the door locks? If so, do I use the Door Lock Motor wire or the Power Lock wire?
(3) Finally, I have a starter interrupt wire with -500mA output. I haven't connected this wire and relay yet, would this cause any problems to the operation of the unit if it is simply not connected?
I appreciate your help and I'll continue trying your suggestions.
Tarheel044 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  
I believe I may have received bad advice on this forum concerning my parking light connection for a keyless entry system. I'm installing it on a 2004 Corolla and I was told in a previous post to connect the 2 +10Amp turn signal output wires into the GREEN / WHITE wire coming off the parking light switch under the steering column. When I did this my control unit started smoking and now it doesn't work at all so I have to try sending it back.
First, what would cause it to smoke by connecting the wires together and then to the switch? I assume I'm supposed to connect them directly to the bulb wires but this seemed like the simpler solution at the time.
Second, how am I supposed to correctly connect the turn signal lamps when my alarm has two wires with +10Amp outputs each?
Thanks
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
The GREEN / WHITE wire is the NEGATIVE park light wire so connecting a positive output to it wouldn't work anyway. In that vehicle you want a green wire in the drivers door sill running to the rear. Be sure to properly test your wires you wouldn't be in this situation if you did in the first place.
Mike
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )       GREEN / WHITE (-)       @ HEAD LIGHT SWITCH      
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )       GREEN (+)       IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS TO REAR OF VEHICLE
the GREEN / WHITE is a negtive, your alarm may been set to postive. if your alarm can NOT be set to negtive then you must use a relay.
does everythign still work in your car. hopefully if any thing blew it was a fuse.
also ALWAYS doulbe check the wire you think it is with a meter.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry bout your luck, but this is the reason YOU HAVE TO TEST EACH WIRE before actually hooking up them.

You can't just blindly hook up a wire.  Sometimes tech sheets are incorrect, sometimes you may just have the wrong wire.  TEST TEST TEST before hooking any wires up.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

HMMM............In your Original post:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=57985&KW=Tarheel044

There was no response to hooking up Parking Lite wires....................

Best have someone more qualified to check your wiring

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic