icon

N00b with 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scout238 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

Alright, I just got done installing a Viper 791 into my g/f's 96 Saturn SL1 and everything works GREAT.... Only one problem... it starts even though the alarm is going off.... Isn't there supossed to be a starter kill? If there is... it isn't working properly. Remote start is working great.

A second smaller thought about the shock sensor that came with it, is there a way to adjust the sensitivty? You have to beat on the car pretty hard for it to go off. Just a thought....

Side note though... great alarm. Picked it up for $200 shipped in sealed box.

Thanks guys!

scout238 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I forgot to add in my post... anyone know why the starter kill may not be working? I don't know where to start....

There are two starter wires, if that makes a diff.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

use the yellow starter wire....this is the one to "break" for starter kill!

DEI, and astrostart, both show only 1 starter wire....be carefull

scout238 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmmm I used the yellow... but there are 2 yellow. One of the yellows goes directly to the key, and the other is just in the harness. The 791 said to connect it to the two starter wires, which I did... did I mix them up? Would the remote start still work if they were mixed up? Sorry for the noobish. N00b with 791xv - Last Post -- posted image.
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
do you mean that there are 2 starter wires on the unit? cause there are.. green and purple.. what you do is cut the starter wire in the saturn.. and then you connect the green side to the keyside of the starter wire and the purple to the starter side of the starter wire.. this is your starter kill...
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
scout238 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, now I understand how it works! I think I got the wires wrong.... But there are 2 yellows(Starter). It also has one of those electronic key things that you plug in to start it... but it isn't used and hasn't been for as long as we have had the car. So there is the yellow wire running into the backside of the key, and there is the other one in the harness that has the unused security module hooked to it..... I hooked the green to the one with the module, and the other to the one behind the key.... Did I loose ya yet? lol Sorry! Any ideas?
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Use the yellow wire in the car for the starter. First test it to make sure it is the right one. Cut that wire in half and connect the purple side of the wire to the motor side, and the purple wire to the key side. And if you are using the relay stater kill(Older dei alarms) Take those two yellow wires tie them together to the key side of the starter. And the black wire of the relay goes to the starter side of the car, and the other goes to the key side. And the orange goes to ground when armed.

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
scout238 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a plan.... I will give it a try when I get a min. Thanks guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic