icon

1998 Ford Contour, Prostart 3300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jutthorne12 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah so, my car wont start until i put the key in the ignition, i know it does not have P.A.T.S. its a 1998 ford contour and i can grt a key made from Wal-Mart and use it, lol. any other suggestions?

bodybuilder 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'd say slap out the multimeter and probe the wires behind the ignition and see which one changes when the key goes in the ignition. and add a relay if you must.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
because if someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second
jutthorne12 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, i found the Tach wire, she starts fine but, i have to have the key in the ignition. I located the correct wiring diagram for my car and have connected everything correctly as the diagramshows. The car does not have P.A.T.S. as far as i know as i can get a key cut from anywhere and use it in the car without any trouble. Also, the door locks are not working from the remote, would i happen to need a relay to get them to work and the trunk release? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
the door locks should work fine from the remote. Do your door locks work fine electronically right from the drivers door? ... I don't know if you tried connecting your wires to the passenger side, or the drivers side. I spliced into my door lock/unlock wires at the drivers side kick panel. You just gotta pull that out of your way and look down. running along the side is a big wad of wires. Find the wire that is WHITE/ green, this is your LOCK wire. and the YELLOW /GREEN, it's your UNLOCK. and this is a simple 3 wire positive door locks for the record. You don't need any relays at all... The trunk release wire is ORANGE / green. I don't know of its exactly location, but on the 96-97 it's located at switch or keyless module behind glovebox. And the wiring colours are pretty well exactly the same as a 96 to a 98. So it's probably the same.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
jutthorne12 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have found out a new thing now. in order to start the car with the remote i have to have the key in the ignition, but, i can take the key out and the car will stay running. With the key in, the radio works, with the key out the radio turns off. if i were to press the lock or unlock button on the remote with the key in the lights blink, with the key out they dont do anything, i also connected to the correct wires WHITE/ green for LOCK and YELLOW /GREEN for UNLOCK but the locks wont engage. any suggestions?
JiggaFan 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
SOunds like you are missing an accessory or IGN wire.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
What wires have you played with from your ignition?
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic