icon

Autopage RS-855LCD, 97 Dodge Neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kvnband 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
OK, time for an update. I messed around some more, and pressed the remote start button. Again, the gauges came to life, and it went to try a timed start. It didn't work. I pressed the remote start button again to stop the sequence, but it wouldn't stop at all. WEIRD! So I got into the car, put the key's in, pressed in the clutch to start the car myse4lf, and as soon as I pressed in the clutch, it came to life without keys. While on remote start, if I press the clutch in while it's running, the starter will grind, so for some reason, it is only putting power to the starter when the clutch is pressed. Does this have anything to do with my neutral safety wire? Anyway, the car absolutely WILL NOT shut off while running on remote start. I had to actually unplug the harness while the car was running (Since it was on the timed start, I think it was still 'trying' to start when I pressed in the clutch, hence the reason for the grinding. Perhaps if I let it sit running for a minute or two, then pressed in the clutch, it wouldn't grind? Anyway, I need to know why it only starts with the clutch pressed in, and how to fix it.
Thanks,
Kevin
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

you obviously must have a wire hooked up incorrectly.

What is the BLACK/ white nuetral safety switch hooked up to?  The unit will only start if that wire sees ground.

kvnband 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, everything is hooked up fine. Turns out I needed to bypass the clutch switch *duh* Autopage RS-855LCD, 97 Dodge Neon - Page 2 -- posted image. Took one of my negative outputs from the brain and tapped into my clutch signal wire....tried again and it started right up.
Kevin
harrisell1 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

To stop the 855 LCD right away when sounding the alarm, you hit the Lock button and it stops it right away with no delay.

electronics
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic