icon

1997 Honda Civic Domelight problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thinkster 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Did an alarm installation recently in a '97 Civic and I located the door trigger wire only to find that it had a constant ground on it regardless of the door being open or closed. I asked the customer and she said she never leaves the domelight switch in the middle (auto) position because the light stays on. I wish I had known this before the install! Anyways, for the time being, I wired the door trigger directly to the green wire coming from the driver's door so that at least the main door will be covered. I located the light GREEN/ red wire at the stereo connector and found that someone had soldered another wire to it, but even clipping that wire didn't make a differance. Am I missing something or does the customer have a short or wiring problem somewhere?
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
That is why u use a sign in sheet (work order) to make sure what works and what doesn't before u begin the install.
Thinkster 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the radio had been replaced at one time with a JVC that was stolen. Now the factory stereo is back in. I was aware of the bypass procedure (which someone had already done) but with or witout the bypass, same problem. It seems weird to me why the domelight wire as well as the horn wire can be found on the stereo harness. What were these Japanese thinking?
Thinkster 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
bobk wrote:
They put the security and ke in the radio also. There could be a problen in the radio, disconnect and see what happens. You may have done that already. Next check for a short in the a pillar and at the dome light.
They put the security in the radio?? Like I said, what were those Japs thinking?
Yes I did disconnect the radio as I mounted the alarm behind where the radio is. I have a feeling, I'm going to have to run wires from each door pin switch and use diodes to create my own "Any door" trigger for the alarm. If *they* have the door/domelight wire running to the stereo, who knows where else they have it running to in the car which makes it more difficult to troubleshoot.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic