04 trailblazer, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
natwez22 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
i have a trailblazer 04
I was wondering one the relay harness for the viper 791xv it asks for starter side starter circuit and key side starter kill. what is the difference in thsese wires and are they located in the same spot. also for these heavy guage wires how is it recommended that they are installed? solder?
are there any concerns i should have when i use the 555l?
do i need to use a relay to hook up factory alarm arm and disarm or can i wire those straight to the brain?
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
well you have to cut your start wire. once u cut the wire u will have key side and motor side, green goes to key side and purple to motor side. you will need a 457g don't use 555l. the 457g thas everything power locks, factory arm and disarm and bypass the key, use 457g.04 trailblazer, viper 791xv -- posted image.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
natwez22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
ok this is starting to make more sense. so once i get teh 457 part i wont need that relay for the power doors. i still need that part thought to bypass the vats resistance key code correct?
Also i bought the the addiontal mircowave proximity sensor. I read the book and the damn thing is a little confusing on how you cut the wire and hook up both the shock and microwave sensor to one port. You have a better diagram on that because to me the manuals diagram is a little confusing.
Where are some recommended spots to locate the antenna for the viper 791xv. In the manual it recommends spots for the brain,shock sensor etc but it doesnt recommend a spot for the antenna.
I would just like to say thank you to you dare for your first respone. It helped me a lot. I appreciate you taking time to respond!
natwez22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
i have been looking for a while for the neutral safety wire to no avail. If anyone knows what color and hwere to look for this wire that would be excellent. Thanks to all you have helped me so far!!!!
natwez22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
i am installing an viper 791xv into my trailblazer 04. everything works fine except the door trip. i found the gray black wire and hooked that up to the violet wire on H1 of the viper harness. When the alarm is armed and i open a door it does nothing or the proximity will detect me and warn me. Shouldn't the alarm go off if the doors open or trunk? An help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Notes: To avoid dome light delay, use the separate door trigger wires. The LF door is gray/black (-) at the driver door module in the door. The RF door is BLACK/ white (-) at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door is lt. blue/black (-), and the RR door is lt. GREEN/ black (-). The rear door trigger wires are at the fuse box under the left rear seat. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
natwez22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
ok i understand how to do that. Do i also have to find the trunk trip and diode isolate? Are these wires found at the bcm or somewhere else much accessible than running wires from all 4 doors?
is there a module that does this easier than this setup possibly the455G?
I could not find the hood pin wire and the neutrak saftey wire on my trailblazer 04 does these exist or not?
THanks for your help.
natwez22 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
no one has responded yet so i am asumming that trailblazer 04 doesnt have a neutral saftey wire. Does any one know where the trunk pin or hood pin wire is and what color. I dont really want to tap into a wire in the engine compartment either.
natwez22 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ok alarm is in and working good. Couple of concerns and questions still.
OK i hooked up the door lock harness 3 pin connector to the input of the 455G. Now i was wondering what i should do with H2 because that has a factory arm and rearm that i didnt hook up. I just hooked up the lock and unlock from the door lock harness to the 455g.
what i want is to be able to just lock the doors and unlock the doors with the viper 791xv as well as lock doors arm the oem and arm the viper. right now when i hit the lock button it locks all the doors arms the viper and arms the oem security.
let me know you if need me to clarify stuff. Help is greatly appreciated.
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
BTW  the neutral saftey wire is meant to be hooked up to a toggle switch   with one side connected to ground the other to the neutral safety wire  black w/ white i think      this is so you can flip a switch to dissable the remote starting feature

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic