extended ground to door locks jetta 2000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremecaraudio 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

hello,

I installed an RF-520LCD from autopage in a 2000 vw jetta.  As you guys know,  if you extend the ground to the lock wire it will roll the windows  up and close the sunroof, wich i did, everything was working just perfec for a few days, but now  the alarm does not lock or unlock the doors, plus the windows won't roll up using the car key anymore,

please help.       thank you

ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

Did you check the fuses in the car?

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Check the fuses for the door locks first, but since they are controlled by the computer in the driver's door, it may not help you too much. Do they still work with the factory remote? Pull your door panel apart and check your connections. You may have broken a wire, or have a grounding problem in the door itself. Also, disconnect your door lock wiring. The autopage may have gone bad, and is pulling down the factory lock/unlock wires enough that they won't trigger the door computer anymore. I usually use diodes on my lock wires on VW's just in case.
A few things to try.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
xtremecaraudio 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

First of all, thank you guys foy your time.

yes, i tested all my fuses, I forgot to tell you that the factory alarm still works with the vw remote, and the doors lock and unlock work  normally  using the vw remote and from the switch in the car, but not with the autopage remote, i also tested the lock/unlock output wires from the alarm, they seem to be fine , I  soldered all my wires, so i don't know, the only programming i did was extended the ground pulse to lock the doors up to 10sec... 

thank you again

ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
try adding relays to the aftermarket alarm it may not be a strong enough output for the car to trigger the door locks
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
And they still work from the key switch in the exterior of the door, correct? If not.... disconnect the aftermarket wires. Now? If so... add a pair of relays. The brain is loading down the factory stuff somehow. The relays will isolate the alarm from the car, and provide a definate, strong ground pulse.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic