the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Can ne 1 integrate the sunroof to close?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NYDesi80 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Many installers have tried to do this but have failed to make the sunroof close when the alarm is armed.  Similar to the DEI 530T's on the windows.  Some cars have it done by using the DEI 529 however certain cars like Hondas and Acura have the titl feature that screws it all up.  Installers attempt to use the DEI 529 and realize that the sunroof tilts up instead of closing.  A friend of mine tried to do it by using DEI 528 Pulse timers to time the operation of the close and integrate it to the alarm but realized that its not safe as one could burn out the motor in the long run.

Are there any installers who've actually tackled this problem and were successful?  If so how?  I right now have the 530T modules to close my windows but my sunroof isn't hooked up and would like to hook it up.  Please advise.

OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2005 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  

Without getting into specifics (since you didnt list your type of car);

The 529T has 2 negative output during activation wires, one for open and one for close. They are Gray and Gray/Black. Depending on which side you wired for close, you take one of those 2 wires and connect it to the appropriate wire in your car's sunroof switch. This should stop the sunroof from tilting at close.

If you are using a 530T for your sunroof, which you can, the negative output during activation wire is Gray. There is only one, so it outputs both when opening and closing a sunroof/window.  Depending on the car, this might wreak havoc if your car's sunroof switch sees the ground signal at the opening stage, when it should only be seeing it at the closing stage. Or it may all workout fine using a 530t.

Good Luck!

NYDesi80 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
2003 Acura TL Type S, sorry for the multiple posts didnt mean to make it confusing. 
Thinkster 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2005 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
I tried this once on a Honda and was faced with the problem of the module not knowing when to stop because it seems like the motor/gearing for the sunroof was on some clutch mechanism and would not draw enough current to trip the window module. The only thing that I was able to conceive was to re-engineer the window module to make it more sensitive to the current change when it goes from closing the sunroof all the way (load) to the part where it freely spins (clutch), or to somehow integrate a limit switch somewhere.
zfactor 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
thats when a timer control module comes in handy, like the 528t from dei. you just need to make sure you set the time close enough to actually close the roof fully and also not to overun the motor. usually works great. 
tcool 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
I did a sunroof close on a 2002 acura TL a couple months ago. I played with a 529T, the limit switch method and timers. None of it worked well. The surest way to do it is to use the negative close wire on the existing switch, and simultaneously power up the main sunroof power. This would close the sunroof if it was in the open or vent position, and would use the existing limit switch to protect the motor. You can power the circuit temporarily during activation by using a relay at the main wire at the relay under the dash behind the fusebox.
bzzzzttttt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic