icon

4 fans for amp rack!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
horrro582 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
i am new to car audio and need to hook up 4 fans in my amprack! i have a dvd player with a remote out at the back of it, so how do i connect the relay to the remote and the fans to the relay and do i need to use any fuses? please need sum serious help! thankx for ur time!
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

This is the diagram posted on this site.

Using a 30 amp SPDT relay, connect terminal #87 to constant 12 volts positive with a fuse rated to the sum of the additional accessories you've added and the components you need to turn on. (If you have two fans rated at 5 amps each and a neon light rated at 10 amps, you would use a 20 amp fuse plus 200 ma for each amplifier and processor.) Connect terminal #85 to ground, terminal #86 to the remote turn on lead from the head unit, and terminal #30 to each accessory with an appropriate fuse. A fuse (not shown) could also be used between the output of the relay (#30) and the remote turn on lead of the amplifiers and/or processors for extra precaution.

horrro582 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
what gauge wire do you recommend? and also would it be wise to use 2 relays, 1 from the dvd player remote out to power 4 fans, and another relay to power both my amps from my hu? or can i just use 1 relay for all 4 fans and both amps, or will this be too much???
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
    In this application you can't really have to much current the accessories will only use the amount required for normal opperation. One relay for everything unless you want to control items differantly. Like if you had a thermostat to turn the fans on when the amp temp reached a preset level. As far as wire guage a 16-14ga wire will be good. Dont forget to fuse your power connections between the relays and the power source. For the fuse value check the fuse in the DVD player add that to the current requirements for all the fans added together then get the next size up (example: total=6.5amps use a 7.5-10amp).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic