icon

Thoughts on MB Quart RAA1000 Amp and Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trojan 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

What are your thoughts about the MB Quart RAA1000 Amplifier?

And what are your thoughts about the MB Quart PWE 352  15" Dual 2-ohm Voice Coil Component Sub   2ohm or 4ohm?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
MBQ speakers are among the best.  MBQ amplifiers are made by Rockford so they are in the same league as RF higher-quality gear.
Support the12volt.com
trojan 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
What? MBQ amps are made by RF?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

trojan wrote:
What? MBQ amps are made by RF?

Yes

MBQ amps are like these higher end amps from RF. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XawrYvZ3Vc4/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=130&I=675T1001BD

SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

Produced in same factory as RF but different design.  I've heard some really good things about them.  Good Luck!

JAydawg21 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

Here's what I've gathered from the whole MB quart/rockford deal.  Rockford has undergone quite a few changes recently, but basically it has taken the form of american "big buiness".  ORIGINALLY, rockford bought MB Quart but continued to manufacture and engineer the brand in germany.  It has since closed that facility and is now manufacturing the quarts in the same facility as LIGHTNING AUDIO, who has also been bought up by Rockford.  The new product lines are also being engineered by by Lightning engineers.  Of course, i dont have any affiliation with any of those comanies so i really dont know, but the sales rep at the shop i buy from gave me the low down.  The shop also discontinued selling quarts and RF because of complaints and returns and they didnt want to sell people products of unknown quality.  All might be well with the beloved quarts, but for the money you pay for them, I would go with another of the many high end manufactureers our there. 

'97 Jeep Cherokee sport
subs: JL 12w3v2 : RF 500a2 :
RF 1F capacitor
doors: 6" Diamond D361i -> RF 200a4
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
i have the 12" version of that sub....it is NOT made by lightning engineers (at least that I can tell), and is just awsome as far as SQ, and good in the SPL department too. Look on crutchfield. cheapest prices ever on MBQ stuff!!
-Drew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic