the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

98 toyota avalon xls stereo problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rrcustom 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

ss-installer wrote:
yeah it has an amp. sub wires arent behind the radio, they are after the amp.

i was lookin around and heard that curicuit city sold a special speaker adaptor that would work for my needs so i went and bought it and it fits and then i had to buy y-adpators...two females to one male and that supplied enough rcas for my speakers and subs but the amp and sub turn on but i have ZERO f**king sound coming out of the speakers....i dont have a clue wha is wrong....i have spent a day and a half doing this and i have everything done besides the ****in stereo with its import shhhty speaker wiring....if i had more time i would re wire the whole ****in car......feel a lil better with that said.....HELP PLEASE

ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2005 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
ok-atleast you got a plug that fits -THINGS ARE LOOKING UP! look at the adapter plug you bought. do the rca plugs on the ends have 2 wires running to them? if so, cut them off and wire them like you would a regular plug (that will do away with the splitters). MAKE SURE you hook the blue wire together to turn on the factory amp, THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOUND.
rrcustom 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  

ss-installer wrote:
ok-atleast you got a plug that fits -THINGS ARE LOOKING UP! look at the adapter plug you bought. do the rca plugs on the ends have 2 wires running to them? if so, cut them off and wire them like you would a regular plug (that will do away with the splitters). MAKE SURE you hook the blue wire together to turn on the factory amp, THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOUND.

after 2 solid days of work i finally gave in and skipped wiring the amp and just did a direct wire of the speakers to the aftermarket receiver....did a tester....worked flawlessly.....i was happy....wired everything up and it was a beautiful sight.....i can not thank you enough for without some of your input out of the multiple people i had spoken to it would not have been solved.....so thanks so much! anyways stereo all cleaned up and every wire hidden and sounds just fantastic.....thanks again....

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic