icon

Sony Xplods

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
another thing is that, although they (the xplod's and ome cheap rf stuff, among others) might be loud, and sound fine, once you hear real high quality product you will always hear the difference. lack of exposure is a large part of it.
cobyo_hides 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
They have the biggest failure rate... But, I have a 4 year warranty for as many times as I blow them. So...
I matched my P5's with every other sub in the shop... And, it stood up well to even $200 subs. If they go, they go... That's why I got the warranty.
Pioneer DEH-15 HU.
Two Sony 12" P5's. (Sealed Box)
Kenwood 920watt KAC-7202.
Kenwood 350watt 6"x9" KFC-M6935ie.
Kenwood 320watt 5"x6 1/2" KFC-415c.
Sound-proof, and it's complete.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Why but a product that requires the use of a warranty all the time? There really is something to be said about that thought process...didn't you have to PAY for that warranty?
cobyo_hides 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ten dollars, and while your criticizing me... What do you have that is so great? Just wondering.
Pioneer DEH-15 HU.
Two Sony 12" P5's. (Sealed Box)
Kenwood 920watt KAC-7202.
Kenwood 350watt 6"x9" KFC-M6935ie.
Kenwood 320watt 5"x6 1/2" KFC-415c.
Sound-proof, and it's complete.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
You can't read the sig? By the way if you are feeling criticized, don't. This is a forum that discusses car audio, I have OPINIONS, you have OPINIONS, we discuss car audio and the aspects of it. What is the question of this topic to begin with? OPINIONS.
NicP 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
my opinion is that sony kenwood and audiobahn suck, if buying a buget level system i would much rather use pioneer and infinity stuff
but hey its just my opinion
Brownboy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Sony XPlod 1200 Watt amp and it works fine for my 15" MTX RoadThunder sub.  It sure beats my friends Clarion amp and Alpine sub.
NicP 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
some people prefer sql over spl, some people perceive spl as sql, its these differences that make the world an interesting place :D
as for me i'll take your friends install over yours :P
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
i like sony subs for 1 reason, there cheap entertainment when hooking them up to 2500 watts rms, they last about 4.37 seconds before the cone rips from the surround.  My cheap alpine type-e never did that, stupid thing kept pounding for 45 min, so the moral of the story here is...., whell you figure it out.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
i had a sony amp that i liked and i don't like sony it was rated at 450 RMS and was under rated  which amazed me and it said it was 1 0hm stable it was like the sony amps in the setup that you see when you login some times anyway moral of the story i liked the amp pouned my 15" punch HE's and out of nowhere it quit working and then i discovered that the 2. 40 amp fuses where blown i replaced them and turned the key to the acc and the fuses blew in a second  pretty crappy if you ask me a amp that is 1 ohm stable fails at 2 ohms and as far as the strict budget  systems go take a chance and order from www.ikesound.com  and for the sony stuff out perfoming higher end gear its about the wiring of the subs and the box  i can build a box and make a P.O.S plye sub loud as hell and i would never say sony is better than RF entry level stuff  i have seen 2 12" punch Z'S HIT 129.4 DB  in a mazda 626 if you can do that with 2 12" sony  xplodes  i would be impressed  and for what some people think  sounds good and is loud a lack of hearing qulity setups is the reason  once you hear a truly good setup you will know the differance and you will be able to hear it  IMO
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic