icon

help with a PS2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ecko 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  

some one was asking me if there is any way you can huck up a PS2 to a factory head unit.  i was thinking for an fm mod but i do not know of any one how makes them for just RCA inputs can you help thanks

ecko

Even thow I am new to the install world I want to take on the world
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
ecko 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

(the12volt) thank you for the web sites they help out alot.  but there is just a little problem.  When i showed my friend the FM modulatoers that was not what he was looking for.  now that me and my friend are on the same page now, what he is looking for is a way to huck up RCA to factory AUX inputs.  it is a chev s-10 extrem with a input huck up on the back

thanks for the help if any helpcan be done

ecko

Carsound1 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

factory deck do not have AUX inputs so that would be out of the question

i have installed many video set ups though with DVD players and PS2's and used fm mods with them and never had a problem with the sound or picture quality so i do see why he wouldn't want to use one

kparkk 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

Also, when shopping for FM Modulator, try to get one that have on/off switch so you can control it.  Otherwise it would always stay on, and I think will cause bad radio reception if always on.

ecko 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

(Carsound1) For what i have been told there is a aux in put on the back of the chev head units.  for use with a cased player, cd player, or changer.  but now that i think about it you my have a very good point in that it can not be done, that is what a forum is used for.

thanks

ecko

Discman 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

If the factory CD player has the empty 9 pin connecter on the back I vote for adding the factory slave cassette deck.

Then you get the new interface from AAMP (PXGM9) that will hook between the CD and the cassette and let you toggle between 2 new aux inputs (PS2 and VCR) once you start playing a tape.

This will be a direct input and sound 10x cleaner than an FM mod. This also lets you play just about anything.

If you must use an FM mod I'd suggest a wireless one so you don't have to remove the radio or buy antenna adapters.

Chuck
owner/installer
remote concepts
20 years automotive aftermarket experience

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic