icon

Speed Sensor Wire for 06 Honda Ridgeline

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mugen1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
I located a wire that comes out of the module under the hood, but it is impossible to get at without taking out all kinds of electronics out.
Has anyone found a better way of tapping into the speed sensor on a Honda Ridgeline?
I have an Alpine NVE-N871A.
I found the reverse wire, but can't locate the speed sensor wire inside the cabin.
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Blue/white at PCM, under hood, behind headlight.
mugen1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, Satkunas, but it's a bitch to get at. I found another wire in the cabin that sends a signal. Thanks for the willingness to help. I almost gave up until I remembered another person posting about a wheel sensor. The Ridgeline, being a 4 wheel drive vehicle has a pulse sensor on all 4 wheels. I had four wires to pick from.
I am in Navigation heaven. I never thought Navigation could be so helpful. I bought the Alpine unit used for a very good price. I thought, yeah, what the heck. Wow, it's so neat. Anyway...........
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
mugen1 wrote:
Thanks, Satkunas, but it's a bitch to get at. I found another wire in the cabin that sends a signal. Thanks for the willingness to help. I almost gave up until I remembered another person posting about a wheel sensor. The Ridgeline, being a 4 wheel drive vehicle has a pulse sensor on all 4 wheels. I had four wires to pick from.
I am in Navigation heaven. I never thought Navigation could be so helpful. I bought the Alpine unit used for a very good price. I thought, yeah, what the heck. Wow, it's so neat. Anyway...........
Man, you are all over the map aren't you
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
mugen1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
not really.... I just joined this forum to post the SOS about the VSS.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
mugen1 wrote:
not really.... I just joined this forum to post the SOS about the VSS.
where'd you end up grabbing the wheel speed sensor wire at?
I know on my jetta they're in the back kinda under the seat.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
mugen1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
I located the VTM4 module, which is the rear wheel lock up system that can be engaged only in the first two gears and up to a certain speed. It is also integrated into the vehicle stability system. Anyway, the box is behind the right kick panel. I unplugged the wire harness that goes into the box and located one of four wires that were outlined in my Ridgeline Bible (service manual).
Funny thing was, I accidentally nicked one of the twenty or so wires trying to take the electrical tape off the wire loom - almost severed it. I prayed it would be one of the sensor wires....... for once, I had something go right. It happened to be one of the sensor wires. Thank god for small favours. I extended the wire and spliced into it.
There's nothing like having a real service manual for your car. When I had the old Civic, I cheaped out and got me one of them Haynes wannabe manuals. A manual by the manufacturer is the way to go. I've learned so much about my vehicle just going through the technical overviews.
---------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2060065/1
mugen1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, and the all over the map comment......... yeah, you're right. I'm ADD and I am all over the map - you can see that in my posts. Hee hee.
Most people just think I'm nuts. I love being ADD.
------------------------------
ADD - I keep forgetting to take my ritalin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic