icon

What alarm to buy?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gramozeka 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hello I am new here and have never posted before but i have used this websitte to build some low pass filters for my "stock stereo,cheap amp, old bazooka sub" stereo system :-)

Now I am getting a new car 98 Eagle Talon and I am looking for an alarm. I have to say i didn't research much cuz of too much of info floating and lack of time and i have decided to post here.

I am looking for an alarm with the following features:

1. Remote start.

2. Looong range ( I leave in the city should be able to be started fom the moon hehe) Two way whould be nice but not neccesary

3. Good price/quility ratio

4. Reliable brand name such as viper maybe ( I used to have a marksman pice of crap alarm and both remotes died at almost the same time)

5. Easy Instalation. So that it doesn't require any special tools.

6. Auxilary inputs outputs for door locks, maybe windows,trunk ,hood (What solenoids or actuators will i need for rear hutch, and i want a secret hood lock)

Please sugest an alarm and a price for it. Thank you

godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
I go DEI all the way Viper 791. I never had problems with mine, easliy installed, and room for expansion.
gramozeka 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  

How about the range on those remotes. I need at least 3 city blocks.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
take a look at the new Clifford models
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gramozeka 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

Which clifford matrix? I like that but aren't they the same as the viper?

What about compustar.

Which is more reliable? longer range?

godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
clifford, viper, python. All the same dam thing, the range will be more then enough for 3 city blocks. As for compustar it is a good line but i hated installing it and only use i if i have to make a remote start on a manual car.
jumargibbs 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

I found a good price and free shipping on a Crimestopper CS-2004TW1, but I don't know if it's worth buying. Any of you guys (or gentlewomen) have any comments on this brand?

Ken

Ken
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

You should also take a look at Audiovox the aps-786t has all the features you want and you can get it on the internet for less than $100 shipped. The aps-996c will also fit the bill but is a little more expensive and it's a two-way, but you can get it on the net for about $150 shipped.

Also with the new antennas they have a really good range.

gramozeka 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for long post
Thaks all very useful info. Unfortunatly I see that all alarms have very similar features. And DEI and Compustar alarms have bigger range however audiovox same features smaller range but much lower price.
Choice: DEI, CompuStar, AudioVox   high end scurity and remote start models
The next thing for me would be which one will include all the hardware for just plug and play? My car(98 Eagle talon auto, same as eclipse) has power windows and power doors power sunroof no factory alarm. Even though I am fully capable of making electrical circuits I would rather just plug and play. If alarm can control windows I don't whant to look for some special relay or come up with my own I want it to be included. So which one of the above comes with more extra stuff(don't forget extra sensors)?
I am greedy whant more more more free stuff :-)
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
They all come with the same shock sensor, and most standered stuff like keyless entry is just connect wire to but some cars you might need a relay( Not familiar with you car). Well anyway DEI makes alot of stuff like window moduels, timers, passlock bypasses, basaclly everything you can think of but these will work with any alarm. I just like DEI because of the quallity, and lifetime warranty helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic