icon

Double locking/window roll up on BMW

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wjbell 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1990 BMW 535i and I just had a Viper 350HV installed in it. The alarm is set up with keless entry to lock and unlock the doors. With BMW's there is also a double locking feature so if you turn the key in the drivers door it 'dead bolts' the doors locked... and if you hold the key in the double locked position for a few seconds all the windows and sunroof will close.
What I'm trying to do is either set the alarm up so that it double locks by default, or assign channel two or three of the remote to do the double lock feature.
The reason I want to do this is so that if I have it double lock by default, when I go to set the alarm I can hold the arm button down and roll up all the windows remotely.
Now I've done a little research and I think double locking is preformed by supplying 12v to the lock and unlock at the same time. There also might be a single wire in the central locking system that does the double lock, and that would be perfect because then I can just connect up channel three to send 12v to that wire.
So is anyone familiar with BMW's and this alarm enough to tell me how to make this work? Is there a single wire that triggers the double locking? And if I could connect it to a seperate channel would holding down the remote button be the same as holding the key in the door at the double lock position?
Thanks
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
you will need to change the out put on the accessory to validity  and connect it to the lock wire (assuming that is the same wire that is conneced to the key cylider in the drivers door) then whenever you hit the  accessory button the windows will roll up
wjbell 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply.
How do I change the output on a channel to validity? Also, I was hoping someone here to tell me where to find the double lock wire that runs from the drivers door lock. (there has to be a wire from the door lock that tells the central locking system that the key's been held, and to activate the rool up)
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Constant 12V+Red Ignition Switch Harness 
StarterBLACK / YELLOW Ignition Switch Harness 
IgnitionGreen Ignition Switch Harness 
AccessoryPurple Ignition Switch Harness 
TachBlack Diagnostic Connector 
Brake SwitchBlue/Red Brake Switch 
Trunk PinRED / White Harness to Trunk 
Parking LightsGray/Purple L Gray / YELLOW R at Light Switch 
Head LampYellow Light Switch 
Hood Pinn/a  
Factory Disarmn/a  
Door TriggerYellow/Blue (-) Driver's Side under Rear Seat BIG Harness 
Door LockWHITE/ Red Driver's Kick Panel 
Door UnlockBlue/Brown Positive Trigger 
Horn WireBROWN / Red (-) Steering Column 
dont test lock and unlock w/ doors open
Mm3stb 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Hope this help you with your double locking question.

i have done this on a 1990 E36 316UK and had very little probelems.

http://www.understeer.com/doublelock.shtml

Good luck

Richard

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic