icon

crimestopper problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
HAHAH pre-programed from crime stopper. We are an authorised crime stopper dealer and I have done SEVERAL remote starters and alarm systems almost allways one if not both of the transmitters are not programmed. Try tech support at 1-800-998-6880  EXT 210.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
As for your exact model you have, we no longer cary it so I am not familar with that one. sorry crimestopper problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
shortdogchap 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

well someone at crimestopper doesnt know what they are talking about.....because i talked with tech support and they told me they were preprogrammed...but thats not the problem because i have no problem with programming them myself...but the brain wont go into programming mode...so i think i might still swap out from my seller.....and if that doesnt work well i guess ill just shell out some more money for a 791xv

steve
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I'm coming to this so late, I was looking for something else and saw CS 2016 and thought I'd have a look.
I had the same exact problem, and I've installed six of these things. My mistake was the cable from the brain to the antenna adaptor. You MUST have the cable ends color coded to the plugs they go into--if you got the white cable end in the black plug, take it out and swap the ends of the cable. When I did this, problem solved. Hope this might help you.
-Rob
shortdogchap 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the advice natsys....but i spent hours rechecking every single connection and every single wire....it was in there correct.....i have sent the brain and the remote back to the person who sold it to me......im waiting on them right now......if that doesnt solve the problem im going to hire the military to blow up crimestopper!!.....if the feds are listening, im just kidding
steve
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
What about the harness pluging in upside down,sounds stupid but maybe.Some times my program button does not aways register a push.Anyway
colorado tap the rockies
blaib 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Any luck getting your system to program?? I just purchased and installed a Crimestopper RS-999 and it is doing the same thing! Will not go into program mode for the remotes, but it will go into program mode for the system, and of cource without programing the remotes it will not do anything, what a bummer after all of that work, I guess i will contact CS.

Anymore info

Thanks Brian

natsys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
That last one doesn't make sense. You mean when you open the hood, turn the ign to run and press your program button 5x it will enter programming mode? But when you do the same thing and press the program button 4x it won't give you 4 light flashes? That's really odd.
If it will give you 4 light flashes did you make sure you press the lock AND unlock buttons at the same time? The RS999 is different from the RS900. You have to press both or it won't accept the remote--even the one way remotes.
blaib 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

correct! I can push it 5 times and it will enter that mode but if i push it 4 times it does NOTHING!!  I have no ideas

natsys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
The only other thing I can think of is something I mentioned earlier--the 3 conductor wire between the alarm brain and the black box where your antenna wire plugs in--do the ends match colors? The color of the plug and the color of the receptacle have to match or else the alarm brain won't know the antenna is attached. Possibly its programmed not to allow transceiver programming until the antenna is properly hooked up.
If you have that right you'd better search this site for the best person to contact at Crimestopper--you're probably gonna need a R.A. #.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic