icon

2005 Highlander remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Limer81 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a alarm/remote start  (1600XP) in a 2005 Toyota Highlander. I am having trouble with the remote start part. I have installed a 556U bypass module for the immoblizer (using the antenna ring). However when i try to use the remote start it does not crank. The starter output wire reads 12 volts when it is supposed to crank but the starter does not turn over. I have the keysense wire hooked up but also tried without it but has the same outcome. I noticed that when remote start is triggered, the gages come alive but when it is time to crank, they go down as if the car was off. The ignition wires to do have constant 12 volts when remote start is trying to crank. The remote start system does not crank even with a second key in the ignition and the 556U bypass plugged in and unplugged. I checked the remote start wires and they seem to be right. PLEASE HELP.

dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly Highlander has two starter wires, a black and BLACK/ white I believe. Make sure the BLACK/ white is your primary starter. It kind of sounds like maybe your starter kill is backwards Green towards the key and purple towards your starter. Although you did say you checked all of your connections, that's the first thing that I would have checked anyways. Start it with the key then do remote takeover. What happens? Does your key that you are using in the 556U start the vehicle? Start with that and see what happens. Keep us updated yo. Anybody else with ideas?
Limer81 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
I really appreciate your help. I am new to Two start systems. Are there any sticky's about installing remote start on Two start wire systems? Or can you explain how the connections are made? Thanks, I appreciate it.
Limer81 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
When i start it with the key and do the remote takeover, the car stays on with out a problem and the will shut off if i hit the remote start button again. I checked the starter wire (WHITE/ black) and the starter sided has the purple wire and the key side has the green wire.
Limer81 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
I mentioned above that the starter wire i am using is Whte/black but It is really BLACK/ whit. So I am using the Black white as the starter wire. Do I need to do anything with the Black starter wire?
dfiddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Wiring it up isn't that tricky at all. First off get yourself another relay, and make all your connections for the new relay at the Xtreme Compact Relay Satillite harness (your ignition harness) . Wire the thin purple wire ( negative second starter trigger) from the four pin harness on the top of the XCRS to pin #85 on the relay, pin #86 gets tapped into your ignition (thick pink off the XCRS) Pin #87 goes to the thick constant 12 volts from the XCRS, and your pin #30 is your output to the second starter. Hope that helps.
dfiddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
You know what it might be a better idea if you tied your 87 and 86 together to the constant 12 volts, because I remember getting a headache trying to figure something out. The negative second starter actually rests at 12 volts then switches to negative when the remote starter is triggered, and if the igntion from your igntion rest at ground until the key is turned on the igntion position then the extra relay you wired up will be energized right away when you connect pins 85 and 86. Let me know what happens and I or someone else can help you through it.
dfiddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
you got pm'd.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic