icon

Special Relay setup?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeepcj92 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Here's what I want to accomplish.  I want to set up something that will emit a single pulse (ground) from two sequential pulses (positive)....  If the second pulse is not completed within a few seconds then the circuit will not complete. 

I've been searching for some kind of time delay relay, but have not had any luck.  The ultimate goal is to make a channel replcator to activate a remote start off of a factor keyless entry.  Another thought is to have some kind of time delay relay on the unlock circut... and a regular relay on the lock circut.  Press unlock, and the time delay keeps the half of the circut closed for a second, and then hit lock and a regular relay completes the full circuit.

could this work? where could I get a relay that would stay active for a few seconds??

thanks

Jeff

jeepcj92 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

Would this work:

Special Relay setup? - Last Post -- posted image.

Lets say that this is activated by the unlock circut from the factory keyless entry. This relay is ganged with another relay that would be in series with the first(delayed) relay. Then while the first relay it is active, if the lock button is pressed it will close the second relay which will ground the pulsed input for the remote start and thus start the car.

-Jeff

KBToys 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2002 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
DEI makes a timed relay which I just got but am trying to understand how it works. Model# DEI 528T

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic