Remote Start Engine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
patrickminas 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed a remote start engine

t starts normally but after few second the starter runs again.

the alarm needs a negative ground (-) when the car starts so the starter will never start when the car is running.

I have a 1989 Mercedes-Benz 300E.

all i need is where to connect the wire (Negative ground when started)

By the way, my alarm has a second option:

i can wrap the same wire around the high tension cable of distributor.

Thanks for your help.

The Peace Maker
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
What brand alarm is it??
"ole blake"
patrickminas 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  

I dont know what is the brand of the alarm i think its "TOP VENOM ALARM"

i just want to know where to connect the wire

what gives the negative ground when the car start (or positive , i can put a relay)

thanks for your help

The Peace Maker
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
The (-) while running is used as an output, not an input. If it's actually an input then it's probably a very old remote-starter. Ages ago we used to hook them up to a vacuum switch, which would explain why your starter keeps cranking, even after it is running.
Does the remote starter have a tachomoter (pulsed) input?
If not I suggest you purchase a remote-starter that was made after the 80's which has a tachometer input (pulsed). You can try hooking up a vacuum switch, but they can be a real pain to adjust.
If so, forget about that wire and use the tach wire instead.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
It probably is an input but made in Hong Kong or Taiwan or something. The negative input when running is probably a tach wire that got lost in translation. Usually they are referring to hooking the wire to the negative side of the ignition coil. Put up a scan of the wiring diagram if you still aren't sure. We can probably help you decipher it.
Steve G
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
If it really is some old system that needs a ground input to tell it to stop cranking, you might try adding a voltage comparator with the threshold set to something like 13.2V or so. When the car runs up and the alternator starts putting out, the voltage will rise above the threshold and the comparator circuit can ground that line as necessary.
During normal starting, the voltage is below the threshold so the RS is enabled to crank.
It's a bit easier to do than put together a tach monitoring circuit. Easier still may be to get an updated RS as mentioned-
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
From the description that you can wrap the wire around the spark plug wire, it sounds like it does have a tach monitoring circuit, so you probably need to hook up to a tach line.
If it really is some old system that needs a ground input to tell it to stop cranking, you might try adding a voltage comparator with the threshold set to something like 13.2V or so. When the car runs up and the alternator starts putting out, the voltage will rise above the threshold and the comparator circuit can ground that line as necessary.
During normal starting, the voltage is below the threshold so the RS is enabled to crank.
It's a bit easier to do than put together a tach monitoring circuit.
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Remind me not to try editing by hitting the back button... Remote Start Engine - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic