icon

Alarm kill switch doesn't work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xlgman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a starter interrupt system that is deactivated when I use the RIGHT turn signal.  Today, the alarm (horn) still goes off and the car wont start even though I've got the right turn signal on like I always do.

It's a 97 Buick LeSabre and I don't know if it's a factory system.  I doubt it.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
does it have the pellet in the key for the factory alarm? if it does i would take a look at that. and check all conections for your alarm.lol
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
xlgman 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

I just replaced the left rear turn signal bulb because it was not working.  Then I tried to start the car and it started right up on the first try!

Problem solved!  The car wouldn't start because a light bulb was out!  Just like a crummy set of Christmas lights.  Or so I thought.  I drove the car to pick up dinner and then it wouldn't start again in the parking lot and I had to walk home.

It seems like an electrical short somewhere now because when I locked the door to leave, the warning noise came on as though I'd left the key in the ignition or the lights on, but I hadn't.

If someone here doesn't bail me out, I'm calling AAA and probably spending $$$.

Help!

xlgman 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

OK now I went back and tried to start it again before calling AAA and it sputtered to a start while the horn went on and off.  I was able to make it to the local garage without calling AAA.

If anyone has ideas that can save me from paying $$$ for this guy to go through my whole electrcial system, let me know.

BTW I checked and the chip is in my key and looks fine.

Good night and have fun.  This looks like a great forum for all you people with a clue (unlike me).

thanks.

palouse md 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  

is there an after market alarm in your car?

md
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
I am vaguely familar with that system only in that  a guy came in here with one I had to by pass to start his car.. His system you had to use the door lock button and if you didnt press this button the horn honked everytime you tried to start the car. it sounds like a basic alarm system with a negative disarm and starter kill. Check your ignition wires under your dash and see if there is a black box mounted somewhere. If you find one take down the name and post it here mabe we can determine what type of system it is. and help you disable it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic