icon

97 tahoe remote start , locks ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
printer1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just hooked up a crimestopper 2 way remote car start and alarm and am having trouble getting the door locks wired correctly. i tapped into the two wires in the drivers kick panel and am not having much luck! any advice on how to make this work would be appreciated.   I also need to know the negative trigger for the doors to arm the alarm if u could help with that as well. i don't have a factory alarm on here, since i read that makes a difference.   i do have the dome light override so that may be why i'm having a rough time with the negative trigger???   i got this far and now i'm stuck!!   thanks   BTW 2016 is the alarm model i believe.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure you have POSITIVE Pulse from Crimestopper?

Dome LightPURPLE (-)4 PIN BLACK CONN. IN DR. KICK PANEL *

Power LockL BLUEDRIVER KICK **
Power UnlockWHITEPANEL
* PURPLE (-) Wire Also Located At Headlight Switch. WHITE (-) Wire At Courtesy Light Can Also Be Used For Door Trigger But Will Not Trigger Alarm If Dome Lamp Override Switch Is On. 
Positive Pulse Door Locks
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
printer1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
I double checked i do have the positive from the crimestopper hooked up.   I tied into both them wires at the drivers kick panel and noticed u have the unlock listed as being in the "panel" is that the door panel as opposed to the kick panel?    thanks for the reply!
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
They are both in the kick panel. and be sure to check the wires with a logic probe or a DMM as there are usualy more then one light blue and white wire.
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I think if you send a positive pulse though the unlock or lock wires you think you have it should lock or unlock if the wires are the right ones.    So you have the L blue from truck to the blue of crimestopper and white to the green.I  just installed the 2016 in my colorado last week great set up love it.If you have any ??? on the 2016 let me know .Thanks
colorado tap the rockies
printer1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the replies. THe good news is the lock and unlock is working with the remote now, but the switch in the door to unlock the locks is not working now. it's almost like it's trying to hold the lock in the lock position when at rest. do u guys think i need to wire the door locks with a relay instead of using just the alarm for the pulse? i'm only saying this because it still doesn't seem to be 100 % right yet when i use the remote. most of the time it unlocks or locks but sometimes it doesn't.   Ok onto problem #2 the door switch,   i tied into the purple wire at the headlight switch and still isn't working correctly. i can arm the alarm and open the door and nothin happens.   Is this related to the dome override or is there something additional i need to do with it? I can't beleive this "little project" is giving me such a difficult time! thanks
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Bulldog site says if its a 2-door you have reverse polarity locks,4-door has positive trigger locks.Which do you have and if its a 2-door you need 2 SPDT relays.On the do trigger sometimmes it has to sit long enough for the dome light delay ,before it will work.I know what you mean i went though some crap as well,but it will pay off.
colorado tap the rockies
printer1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
It's a 4 door, i think your right about sitting long enough for the dome delay though, cause that seems to be working now...   So far i'm happy with the range of the remote and the 2 way features, just will be happy when all the little things are done..   It would probably be easier if i had more time then an hour or two here and there after or before work.   anyways thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic