icon

00' toyota sienna sliding rear doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a customer who is interested in doing a remote start and keyless entry in this vehicle, but they want the aftermarket remotes to control the power sliding rear doors like the factory remote does. I have not seen the vehicle yet, but they say that the vehicle does have buttons inside that open/closes the rear sliders with a momentary push of the button.Has anyone interfaced the rear sliders like im talking about here? it sounds like i may just be able to use an accessory channel to pulse the factory switch to open/close the doors. Hopefully someone has some more insight on this???

THANKS!!!

10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2002 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  

Well, I installed an alarm and starter combo on a '00 Toyota Sienna yesterday.  There were no power sliding rear doors.  I guess the Canadian model is different from American model.  I know that it should be negative trigger to open the sliding door.  I read the DEI wiring diagram and said  " |GREEN/ YELLOW *9      | -  |switch on dash below radio " ** "9  This is for the power sliding side door." 

This vehicle is pretty easy to install remote starter.  Have fun.

joyjet740 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2003 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

I have sienna 2002, and I just got the remote start installed on wed. night with the installer who work for bestbuy. This guy seem to know very good about the installation of this remote start, but one thing that he said he will come back to do again is the sliding door. He told me that my car sliding doors are two passenger/driver side. He said my alarm unit can handle only one at time, and he mention about he may wanted to trigger both at the same time which I don't want. I guest it might work if you can the sliding door trigger wire, but you have to have two aux. output otherwise you can make only one door to work just like he has told me.

10nesne1: I am having this problem, every time I start my car the oem alarm went off. I have to disarm first before I start my car otherwise the oem alarm going off. I am wondering if you can make your car work wothout have the oem alarm went off. I am still searching of way to eliminate this oem alarm to go off when I start my car, so that I don't have to disarm before starting. If you can give some help on this I would be very appreicate... please email me at    joyjet740@hotmail.com  thanks

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

Easy car to do sliding doors on.

It's just a single negative pulse on each switch.... I think it's GREEN/ YELLOW on the passenger switch; not sure about the (optional) driver's side one.

One pulse to the correct wire opens the door; pulse it again and it closes.

When you use the proper lock wire (the one that tests off the key cylinder in the door), the sliding door buttons become disabled........just tell your customer that he must unlock his regular doors before using the sliding doors.

Or, if you don't like that, use the lock wire that tests off the power lock switch------as long as all the car doors are closed BEFORE he locks the doors with your remote....the sliding doors will still be enabled all the time.

hyvong2 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Does anyone here have the diagram for toyota sienna 2001 ?   I have the factory alarm installed, wonder if I need the bypass module, if I want to install Remote-start ?
Thanks,
hyvong2@yahoo.com
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
00' toyota sienna sliding rear doors - Last Post -- posted image.
00' toyota sienna sliding rear doors - Last Post -- posted image.
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
larger versions are avaliable here:
https://images2.fotki.com/v10/photos/4/42438/126970/sienna1-or.jpg
https://images2.fotki.com/v16/photos/4/42438/126970/sienna2-or.jpg

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic