adding 2 6.5'' components to doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

ragoal12

I really like the way those look.  Do you have any more pictures? 

Respect the Blood Line
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
Nice work. You started on the other one yet? Good luck.
Why do you ask if I ate paint chips when I was younger?
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

ok i got a fresh update of the door panels.. it would have been alot sooner but i had a huge computer problem and had to reformat it and all that good stuff..

the panels r in primer.. i decieded to modify the speaker grilles and use them to cover the edges around the speakers.. instead of making my own.. although i still might.. let me know what u think... door panels will should be in the truck within a week i hope as long as the weather stays half ass nice here in nebraska.... i think i might hold off on painting them to match till next spring as the weather is alil too cold to paint but im not sure... i have tons more pics if you guys wanna see any just let me know..

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01710.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01707.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01704.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01712.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01666.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01664.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/RAgoal12/DSC01662.jpg

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
05honda 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
wow man.......looks great....i love the slight over lap.........looks really great in the primer stage....post some more pics when its painted....cant wait to see it
djrcustom 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Very nice :)
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
very very nice. and clean to everthing gust flows like water. two quistions though how did you get them to be exactly the same on both sides, did you mesure or make a mold or something. they look exactly the same. and do you like the type r's over the x's or have you not heard them both cuse im thinking about geting a pare or two for my car. or did you go with the cheaper ones so you had the money to get two. they are very nice anyway and i bet the two 6.5 put togeather on each side are very clear.adding 2 6.5'' components to doors - Page 2 -- posted image. adding 2 6.5'' components to doors - Page 2 -- posted image. adding 2 6.5'' components to doors - Page 2 -- posted image.
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
ragoal12 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

thanx youngone.. well to get them the same i just measured and eye balled them.. i cut the spacers for the 6.5's at the same time so i made them the exact same.. so the height was the same and placement was just a guess by looking at them... i figured since there not on the same side that if they weren't exact no one would notice..  well i like the type r's cause i got them for like 189 set which is hella cheap... i was thinking about type x's or jl xr's to start.. but im a college kid on a budget... and i only have a baby alpine amp on mine( mrp-240 40watts X 4) but they sound great.. im still playing with the cross over set points.. if u can afford the type x's i woud go with those as the r supposed to sound great.. never heard them myself but know people who have... 

but i used two sets.. just because i have never seen anyone do what i did.. and i figured may as well do it big when u do it.. u know.. im happy with them for my  first fiberglass job, i can't complain to much.. i learned alot and now im looking for a new project

youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
ya im thiking about doing the duble 6.5 or gust a nice 8'' that is hiden in both sides, or they will be exposed. but i still dont no what i want to do.
that is very good for the first time very good alot better than i did. im still finishing my second project. ill post it soon.adding 2 6.5'' components to doors - Page 2 -- posted image.
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
suicidecustom 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

i think you should have gone with the jl's man. i've owned the type r's (and i'm an alpine and jl dealer) and they lack midbass response. the type x's sound a little muddy, too much midbass. at the shop i work at we dont even carry the type r speakers, just the subs. after putting together a few jl systems, i personally like the JL VR series better than the more expensive XR's (though we have had the 6.5" XR's playing down to 60hz without distortion.

for your money the 6" VR components are a better choice

ragoal12 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
well thanx for the info suicidecustom.. but there already made so im kinda stuck with them and im happy with them.. and since im a college kid and i don't work at an audio store i have to pay normal price and a set of xr's or vr's is alil out of my price range... and thats great that u had a set of xr's playing at 60hz but i got subs underneath that back seat to play that low.. so im happy with my type r's although i wish i had alil more power to put on them but that will come once i save some more money...  i luv jl stuff just as much as alpine just couldn't justify the price
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic