icon

Viper 785xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh yes.... but the first time, without looking at the manual is a real bastard.   
I remember sitting in Clarion training, and they were sending the remote for the SR5000 thing (same unit as the 785/554, just says Ungo on it). Other shop head installer dares me to set the clock.... oce it started to beep and freak out, the trainer just says to the crowd "there's always one in every seminar, and it's usually an installer".
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
i hear ya.... BTW, Manitoba DEI tech training is in Winnipeg on the 26th         reps are rather useless aren't they??  you only hear from them when they want something.......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
26th of what, Oct?? Like as in Wed? Hah.... nice of them to tell me. They could almost do a session out here in Brandon... Visions, FS, and us (Krazy Krazy). 5 installers, coupla salespeople.
Reps? I don;'t even hear from mine when he needs something. See him like maybe 2x a year, If we're lucky. Not like it's a far drive out of Wpg. (180ish km?)
Meh....
Gus
kgerry 
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
i can relate bro, we have the same rep...
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
extreme1 wrote:
Justaguy wrote:

Anyone done any of these yet? They look like the Hornet 564T.

Are they any good? Range? Do they have in car temperature on the remote?

Some info would be great before i bring these in the store. Thanks.

You would have known all about them if you were at directed training this past monday night, Duane went ove rit in a bit of detail.

He didn't say anything about them being this crappy

Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

its exactly like the Hornet 564 which is essentially the Valet/Avital 554R but with the newer XCRS pack......

i havent had any issues with them.... (BTW Gus, i set the clock on these babies in about 7 seconds   lol)

Are you quoting from experience with the hornet piece or the viper. They aren't the same... want me to prove it?

kgerry 
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

i didnt say anything about the Viper... you said it "looked just like" the 564.....i was talking about the Hornet 564 and the Valet/Avital 554R... which both my staff and friends have and are very happy with... i had a 554R in my own vehicle and liked it....

the bottom line is, if it's properly installed, it's a nice little unit..... the features work as advertised.... if you dont like it... dont sell it

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, I will echo Kevin. We were pissed when we couldn't get the Valet 554R anymore.... one of our better sellers, actually. I can't wait to get this piece in, we will more than likely move 3-4/week.
It's been awhile since DEI released a real stinker (150HF comes to mind...), and this is a proven platform that has been around for awhile. Poor musician will always blame their instrument......
Gus
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
Finally got me a case of these things.... a few things:
1) It is the manual for the 554R in there. The unit is actually identical to the 791XV as far as programming, function, and outputs.
2) The combo LED/Valet switch is chintzy, but you only need to drill one hole. Slick (until it breaks)
3) Xeroxed owner's manual is cheezy... hopefully the next batch will have the proper documentation in the box.
Other than that, I'm putting it into my 2004 VW TDI Manual on Sunday just beacuse I am getting sick and tired of starting the car with the key when it's cold out. I want to sit on warm leather, dammit!
Gus
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic