icon

D1 getting installed finally, and XDV-P90

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sage24 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all.  I finally bought and received my D1/ipod hookup/xm/sirius/XDV-P90..set up an appt, and brought it all to my installer last thursday being told it would be done by friday.

The owner of the shop isn't always that great, but the installer himself is supposed to be awesome.  Highly reccomended from a few people.  Every time I've dealt with the installer it's been easy.  Anyway, I brought the car in, and I get a call from the installer later that day asking me what I want to do about the sound system.  My Mazda6 has the upgraded Bose system and he said that I should upgrade everything now rather than get the adapter and upgrade speakers later.  So he reccomended Morel speakers and an Alpine Amp and I think Alpine sub.  Going to be a bit more expensive than I planned but hopefully it's worth it.  Are Morel speakers good?

Also...the car is just sitting at the shop right now until wednesday waiting for a av bus male to male cable to come in ...CD-AB50 or CD-AB300.  Apparently this is needed to hook the XDV-P90 up to the D1.  That's what they told me.  They ordered directly from Pioneer..I looked online to try to get it sooner but it's VERY hard to find for some reason.  The only reputable seller that has it is J&R but they're not expecting them in for another week or two.  Why is this cable so hard to find?

Any comments or help is appreciated..would love to hear more about Morel speakers..I hope they're worthy..thank you !!

sage24 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

just spoke to the installer...this is what they're going to go with..please tell me if you think this is good and if there are any changes you would make before they do it !!

two 10" in a down fire box

morel doteck 6.5 mk2 in front
jl tr5.25 csi in back
jl 500/5 amp

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
sage24 wrote:

Hi all.  I finally bought and received my D1/ipod hookup/xm/sirius/XDV-P90..set up an appt, and brought it all to my installer last thursday being told it would be done by friday.

The owner of the shop isn't always that great, but the installer himself is supposed to be awesome.  Highly reccomended from a few people.  Every time I've dealt with the installer it's been easy.  Anyway, I brought the car in, and I get a call from the installer later that day asking me what I want to do about the sound system.  My Mazda6 has the upgraded Bose system and he said that I should upgrade everything now rather than get the adapter and upgrade speakers later.  So he reccomended Morel speakers and an Alpine Amp and I think Alpine sub.  Going to be a bit more expensive than I planned but hopefully it's worth it.  Are Morel speakers good?

Also...the car is just sitting at the shop right now until wednesday waiting for a av bus male to male cable to come in ...CD-AB50 or CD-AB300.  Apparently this is needed to hook the <SPAN class=modelnolarge>XDV-P90 up to the D1.  That's what they told me.  They ordered directly from Pioneer..I looked online to try to get it sooner but it's VERY hard to find for some reason.  The only reputable seller that has it is J&R but they're not expecting them in for another week or two.  Why is this cable so hard to find?</SPAN>

<SPAN class=modelnolarge>Any comments or help is appreciated..would love to hear more about Morel speakers..I hope they're worthy..thank you !!</SPAN>

I'm all for fabrication, but how are you installing a D1 into a mazda 6 dash
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
sage24 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry.  They're custom fabricating the dash kit.  Cutting a bigger hole and moving the ac buttons..not sure where yet.
sage24 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Update...

Just got back from the shop..spent a good hour and a half there discussing the D1 fabrication and audio setup..along with listening to the speakers.  I listened to the Morels compared to the Alpine and JL..Morels were definitely superior. 

Both the installer and a previous installer that I had wanted to do the job thought 2 10's would be better than one 12.  The downfire box is actually going to be mounted on the top floorboard of my trunk(I believe that's what its called..where the current woofer is).

He said the subs would either be JL or Allumapro, depending on the box.  Box should be fabricated tomorrow.  I am very satisfied and excited for this project.  I did a lot of research last night and while it can be done cheaper I think I'm happy with what they're doing. 

I also sat in a lotus elise which had the lower end model of the morel speakers installed and one 10'' allumapro sub.  Listened to blue man group..sounded and felt SUPERB.  Nice to sit in a car like that, too!!  If my system is anything like that I'll be very happy. 

I don't care if I get critized for doing it this way but thank you everyone for your comments.

Also as for the D1 they are having some problems with it..not as easy as they had expected.  The car should be done tomorrow with the audio work done, but another day or two for them to fabricate the dash.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic