icon

avic n2 bypass expierience, wierd fix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pioneerman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  

After reading through all the forums and searchign google to assure myself this BYPASS would work I went to over 30 sites. Prior to the bypass I was unable to use my NAV touch screen and play DVD's, and the parking brake message would always come on even when I had the green wire grounded to the chassis. At any rate I decided I needed to do the bypass otherwise I just wasted some serious cash here.   So here's what happenes.

I peeled the silver sticker back and got a circuit MARKER to join the to solder joints together.  once it was built up enough I then went to my car installed the system, this is where the problem BEGAN.  once I hooked it all up after the solder MOD the screen woudl flip but nothing would appear on the SCREEN!!! Total darkness.  nothing would work not even speakers.  SO I took it back to the bench and using a flat head broke the joint being extra careful.  I went back to my car to test and the screen came on.  I was so upset it didnt work I did it one mroe time to make sure everything was perfect.  again same thing.  So afterbeing frustraed and wanting to send back to retailer, I hooked up the unit with the solder joint seperated, had the parking break grounded, and GUESS WHAT IT ALL WORKED!!!!!!

No longer do I get the parking break message, and everything is unlocked,  gyration or car movement doesnt matter, if its bypassed everything works.  I dont knwo why it is all the sudden working, but hey I cannot complain.  Went from black screen, back to a working screen once I seperated the joint and grounded out EVERY THINGS PERFECT... Just though I could help people out with the real deal if this happenes to them. 

CIRCUIT MARKERS work great...... just lay it up somewhat thick.  BTW my unit was manufacture in MAY 05 if people wanted to know :)  Overall I love this unit, except I hate the Ipod interface itsa joke but it works...... 

AVIC n2 IS AMAZING!!!!

pioneerman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention, maybe I shorted the unit out!!! in which case the bypass is permanant now even without the solder jointed.... ODD stuff just thought I woudl share. Hope this helps somoene out there :!!!
Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Wow! Thats very interesting.  My N1 is going back to Summit since the monitor housing is somehow chaffing against something when it's motorizing in and out.  Anyhow, they are replacing it with a new N2 which I am very happy about since I will be able to bypass the lockout.  I wonder if all you have to do is short out the pins once to get it permanately bypassed.  Atleast that's what it seems like with your report.  Most people join the 2 pins and leave it that way without a problem so it's sort of wierd that your system wouldn't work until the pins were disconnected.  I'll make sure to remember this in case my N2 decides to go blank after the bypass.
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
drew4188 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I did the same thing and had the same problem.  My screen was black.   That happened when I joined the two connection with solder.    I wonder is there a specific mak eup of the solder that has to be used.  I myself am not an expert at this.  But my Brother in law is and I am going to ask him to do it again.  I am a bit nervous about re-attempting it.  I was a bit confused when you stated that you made another attempt with the solder joints seperated. ( pioneerman). 
3forty7 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
just ti let you know pioneer is known for having a rubbing problem on screens when they flip out my 7500 does the same thing it is not unusual. Hopefully the next one wont.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic