owners of avic-n1 look here

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grandcherokee01 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I wanted to post this info because I know that lately it has been a hot topic.  As of right now I have installed an AVIC-N1 with the new cd's and upgraded software from the N2.  Lately is has been a hot topic that no one could find a way around the security settings for the brake connection.  Well I have found a way.  Actually this is fairly simple for certain cars and if you have the foot emergency brake you'll have to figure something similar out. 

I have an '01 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it has a hand E-brake.  On my car the E-brake has a sensor that when the E-brake is pulled upward to engage it will connect two copper pieces and complete the E-brake circiut.  Well guys as long as you don't mind having your Brake light on all the time you can remove that sensor from its current position and move it so that the two copper pieces are constantly touching.  Next all you need to do run your Brake (green) wire so that it is in between the 2 copper pieces so that it becomes part of the cicuit.

In essense all you are doing her is tricking your car into thinking that the parking break is on at all times.  Even though you have the wire technically connected to your parking break it will still give you a warning at the start-up that the brake wire is incorrectly connected.  Just ignore this and you should have all access to all navigation options and your dvd.

If you have an questions just repost or e-mail me.

That's All

-Rick

Jeep Grand Cherokee '01
Infinity Gold System
Pioneer AVIC-N2 w/ rear view camera and iPod Adapter
2 8x10 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 5x7 LCD Headrest Monitors
2 JL 10 W7's, 500\1 Mono AMPS
5 Farad C
yanks0114 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
LOL - I think you're missing something here.
We all know about the parking brake bypass trick. On the n1 all you had to do was ground the parking brake wire, you didn't even need to hook it up.
I highly doubt that you have successfully upgraded the software. If the software was from the n2, the internal gryoscope would be used to track movement and lockout features, not the emergency brake
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

Ya know...I been watching this "topic" for OH, bout...6 months..........who cares!

If all we're gonna do is tell people how to "beat the system" .....WoW, I need another vodka.

Come on, get over it...there are rules. If you do not want the subtle control of the masses.....go away, get something else...OR shut up.

All these folks with "all the answers".....why can't we just all "get a grip"

Jeeze

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic