icon

keyless entry isnt workin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acer87782000 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I hav recently bought a 98 ford ranger with a manual transmission that has a crimestopper rage II installed and the keyless part worked fine. the remote starter isnt hooked up cause its a stick. then i had to replace the valet switch cause it broke i accidently touched a wire to metal and shorted it out. i just blew a fuse so i replaced it and it hasnt worked since.   anyone hav any ideas to how i can fix it?????
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Replace the whole unit with a manual safe remote start/keyless combo and utilize the remote start capability.
If you want to fix the unit in it, were going to need a little more info than that. Does it respond to the remote. Any clicks form the brain. Did you replace the fuse int the vehicle or on the brain's wiring harness? Do you have any experience with after market electronics wiring? Do you know how to test the outputs of the alarm?
Steve G
acer87782000 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
im new at this but im decent with electronics. the fuses are all good. there are wires that do not connect to anything and im missing a whole section of wires from the brain. i circled it at this page:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/beefynutz/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pusyfHnq507ugQIDMfYZCdg!109&_c=PhotoAlbum
im not sure if i really need it but it would be good to know what it is used for. i will try to find out what other wires are not hooked up to anything later. thanks
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  

acer87782000 wrote:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/beefynutz/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pusyfHnq507ugQIDMfYZCdg!109&_c=PhotoAlbum

Don't know if you have to be a Member or have a BETTER Computer, but I couldn't see anything on that BLOG Site........

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
acer87782000 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
i know it works with internet explorer ill try and find another way soon.. sorry.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
That link is probably for your session once your logged into your space. There should be a much shorter more simple looking link that will allow evryone else to view it. YOu should try to log out of passport and then clear your cookies and try to look at your site. Then copy that and paste it in the forum using the 4th little box from the left on top of the post window and it will allow you to enter a clickable we link.
Steve G
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
for nothing but curiosity, i found it. here's the link:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/beefynutz/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_photoalbum=showdefault&_c=photoalbum
acer87782000 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

thanks   lookingforcool

can anyone help me now????

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic