icon

ported box volume question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, unfortuanately for me I have no one within 200 miles that sells them so I can't hear them.  I thought I'd use the 21L @33hz because if you look at the top of the page I linked earlier it says "our favorite" for that configuration.  Again though, thats for in home environment.  I'm sure sealed will be good.  That 10L sealed I think is what DYohn used when he listened to them.  He said his kicks were .3 ft3 if I'm not mistaken, and he liked them from what I gathered.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Look again at the graph for 21L, 33Hz.  You see that nasty port resonance?  At 300 Hz that's within the vital range of that driver, and it's a 10 db jump.  I would avoid that.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
fugit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I'm going to used the sealed for the car it's going to make my life easier.  I'd like to get these for the house though.  I'd also like the 4way for center channelported box volume question - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.  So many projects, so little time (and money!)
fugit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Stevdart, I hate to bug after all you've already done but check these out.  They seem to be real close (I think) to the extremis in the 10L sealed enclosure and much cheaper.  Am I right, or did I overlook something like last time?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
A little bit of a difference in power handling, doncha think?  This one should go vented or IB, it looks like. Fs / Qes = 66.7 EBP  Same as the Extremis in this category, IIRC, but a huge difference in Fs and not capable of the power handling (isn't the Extremis capable of 100 watts?).  I would use the vented enclosure for efficiency with this one.  Otherwise I didn't do a spec comparison because my bet is that they are not in the same boat except maybe for the XBL^2 technology.  Email Steven Kephart about this.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
fugit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

thats true, i was modeling them both at 50W because of the 8ohm thing.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic