icon

2000 Dakota, Viper 791xv, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blowenblu 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a ( Viper 791xv) in a 2000 Dodge Dakota club cab 4x4. I have a master service manual for this truck with all the wiring diagrams. I understand the power door lock system, how it works, and where the wires are. I have 2 wires that come from my door switchs and feed the central timer modual, ((or/vt  (+) for lock)),  ((pk/vt  (+) for unlock)). The CTM than uses reverse polarity to activate the lock motor. The problem I am having is how to tie in the door lock harmess from the (viper 791xv).  The install guide from viper shows no diagram. This is the only  info they give:    H2/A  =  GREEN  =  (-) LOCK,  (+) UNLOCK  OUTPUT.     H2/C =  BLUE =  (-)UNLOCK, (+) LOCK   OUTPUT.

It also says:        (Outputs are low current, only to be used with active relays.)

I understand that I have to tie the wires in at the door switch sending signal to the CTM and not after CTM sending power to the lock motors.  Now for my question:   Can anyone tell me how to tie these wires in? Do I need to use any diodes or relays? If someone has a diagram of this it would be great !!  I would have added the wiring diagram I have of my power door locks to this page, but I couldn't figure out how to get it on here.  SORRY!

IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME A DIAGRAM OR INFO ON THE WAY VIPER RECOMMENDS WIRING THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

2000 Dakota, Viper 791xv, door locks - Last Post -- posted image.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
If your truck did not have keyless entry from the factory:
blue ----->   ORANGE / violet
green ----> pink/violet
You can find those wires in the drivers kick panel.
If it had keyless entry from the factory....let us know. You'll have to 5-wire the unlock wire.
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
hello all.
what timing!
i have a 1999 dodge durango that i'm installing a micro keyless entry system in right this second, and kinda have the same problem.
the wiring diagram on this site says that ORANGE / violet is LOCK and pink/violet is UNLOCK.
i metered those wires, and this is what i came up with:
ORANGE / violet is receiving 12v when i press the UNlock button
and
pink/violet is receving 12v when i press the LOCK button.
the micro instructions say that it should be the opposite. they say "the lock wire will be the one that shows 12v positive while the vhicle's lock button is being pressed" and vice versa for the unlock.
just wanna make sure before i cut anything. which wire color should show what when i press what? i'm just nervous cause it says that if i get it wrong it'll damage the unit and the car.
hope someone will be able to really break this down for me. this is my first install, so i'm pretty nervous, but excited!
thanks,
.pete.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
If you swap the wires, the worst that will happen is the doors will lock when you hit unlock, and vice versa. Nothing will blow up.
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
well the problem is that i was under the impression that all of these vehicles were 5 wire reversal type locks, but now i'm learning that if there was factory keyless on the vehicle, they're 3 wire positive. i have no idea if this car came with keyless or not, as i just purchased it used... i assume it didn't, cause the dealership just handed me a key. so if that's the case, it's five wire reversal. and it seems so complicated!
figuring it out as i go along.
blowenblu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hey JWORM

My 2000 dakota came with keyless entry. Could you show a diagram on this 5wire unlock?

I Would post the door lock  wiring diagram from my service manual so you could see what I have, but I'm not sure how to do that. 

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

5 Wire Reversal Rest At Ground

2 SPDT RELAYS:

Cut LOCK  & UNLOCK Wire in Half.

One Half goes to SWITCH
One Half goes to ACTUATOR

Relay 1

LOCK:

PIN 87 =  12 Volts ( + ) Constant
PIN 87a =  wire from Door Lock Switch
PIN 30 =  wire to Lock side of Actuator
PIN 85 = Negative Lock Output from Alarm
PIN 86 = Constant 12 volt ( + )

Relay 2

UNLOCK:

PIN 87 =  12 Volts ( + ) Constant
PIN 87a =  wire from Door UnLock Switch
PIN 30 =  wire to UnLock side of Actuator
PIN 85 = Negative UnLock Output from Alarm
PIN 86 = Constant 12 volt ( + )

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
blowenblu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

thanks!!!!    mo12v

i think thats what i've been looking for.

i just drew this out on paper and it looks like it should work great!

and with no dead shorts, like all the other wiring diagram i looked at.

thanks again

blowenblu

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic