the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

CD player no power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

well the cd changer will be input to the hu so try not to put that into the picture. look at where the factory amp was mounted and the harness closest to that area , the plugs on the bypass will only go to the plugs for output/input for the amp. all the bypass does is finish the speakers wire curcuit like i posted previously. all it is, is a set of wires with two plugs on the ends that one end plugs into input and the other to the output.

i have no anwser for why they did this. there are a few reasons,but the last owner might have cut the plugs off of the factory harness because of what ever reason. do you have a bunch of fraid wires near where the amp mounts? if so you will not be able to use a bypass and will have to get the soldering iron out and get to work as i said before, you can use butt connectors but i do not suggest that.

can you take pic's of what wiring you have,so it will help me better assist you in this. it's hard trying to give you good sound advise without seeing what exactly is going on. pic's would help.but it still sounds like your in the dark about some things and if there is no way to better explain what you have going on there meaning no pis'c or knowing what the last owner exactly did by words i would consider going to a local shop and see if they could help. i'm sure they could.

try to give so more info and i will help the best i can.  good luck

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
rock1 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
The whole harness to the factory Cd changer and amp is not even in the car. I looked for it and I dont even see it. but when I went to see the same car somewhere else it had the wiring harness. the harness was removed by the last owner im guessing. they did not even cut it they removed the whole harness so there is no wiring to the factory amp. I may have to pull one off the car I went to go see.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

yes that is an option or you will need to run new speakers wire from the hu to the speakers. but when you say they removed it. that brings questions. like was it removed from the closest connector from the amp. they have sub harness's so there could be three different section of just the harness inbetween the hu and the amp and the same from the amp to the speakers. have you fixed your power issue for the aftermarket hu? because running those harness could be just as hard or harder then running your own wires and if you go with running your own then you have the choice from wire type,gauge and style. i would rather have that choice myself. just better sq and at this point from what you say it sounds the best way to go.

if money is not an issue, well it wont cost that much. put a 4 channel amp in that will run you say around 150.00 to 250.oo for something decent. run a couple of sets of rca's from the hu back to the amp in the trunk or if you have room under the front passenger seat. then run you speaker wires from the amp into the door pillars left and right and branch off from there through the rubber insolator inbetween the door and pillar.

that sounds like tje best thing you could do. if your able to locate the harness and not take out the hole rug and get it connected again great. but i would save myself sometime and probably money and run them your self. it sounds like they did a number on that car. are you sure that harness is gone and not just out of sight? have you fished around for it?

well let us know what happens!

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic