icon

amp led

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
malibu04 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
alright guys, hopfully this will be the last question on this install..i found a way to run the power wire..now my problem is getting a remote wire for the amp.  Does it need to be ran from the radio or can i find another 12 volt wire that is already ran in the trunk since there is a fuse box in the trunk....thanx for any help guys...
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
if u can find a switched wire in the trunk you can use it, but i personaly would run a wire.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

well i spent about 45 minutes today trying to figure out how to get to the remote wire for the radio unsuccesfully..anyone know how to get it?

malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
sorry...04 malibu
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
would this be an option..for my remote wire can i just find the fuse for the radio/acc, tap into it, run it with the 4 GA power wire, and hook it up to the amp?
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
is it a factory head unit or aftermarket?
your remote wire does not have to be 4ga by any means. you can use 18ga or 16 for the remote. it doesn't carry much current. just enough to tell the amp to turn on. it's only the ground and constant power cables that need to be beefy.
you can grab some switched 12v from your fuse box in the trunk, if you really want to. just meter it to make sure it's truly a switched source. but almost anyone will suggest you use the remote wire from your head unit. if it's aftermarket, it will be easier.
figuring it out as i go along.
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
factory, not using 4GA for remote...was saying i would run the remote with the 4GA power wire...Sorry about the confusion.  DO you know which wires in the trunk are switched or how to get to the remote from the HU?
lookingforcool 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
If it's a factory unit, there's a good chance it doesn't have an remote lead.
doesn't look like there's much in the way of that trunk fuse box. it's mainly just for inside lights and the reverse trigger, etc...
go here: http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=5471&product=Remote%20Start#
and click on the info for the brown accessory wire. there's even a picture of where it is in the BCM in your center console. i'd just use that wire and run it alongside your power wire to the trunk.
have fun!
figuring it out as i go along.
malibu04 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone know exactly how to explain where the BCM is at?...i have looked for it and can't find it...i see three plugs when i take off the passenger side panel of the console..do i need to look closer to the firewall, take out the console, or remove the fuse box?
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
here is what you can do, it is preaty easy and works for people that have stock hu's all you do is take that wire you were going to use for your remote turn on and you take one end of it and hook it up with your power wire from the battery, then you take the wire run it up into your dash and hook it up to a switch, then take the wire from your dash run it back to the amp and hook it up to the remote turn on. then you can turn the amp on and off whenever you want.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic