icon

2wfm8000 vs. 2wfm900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone have experience with both compustars? My supplier tells me that they've tested both units and the 900mhz unit gets less range, even though there rated at 6000'. I can only get the 434mhz peices from him, which are rated at 5000', so I don't know what to believe. Is it worth getting my hands on a spread spectrum piece so that I can side by side test them? I just want the most range possible.

Thanks

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 2wss-as from compustar, and legitimantly I have gotten about 2000 feet out of it, haven't tried to get anymore, but it worked perfectly fine

I can't see anyone wanting anymore than that for two way communication, cause actually what is the point

if you are over a mile away and your alarm starts to go off what are you going to do, hitch a ride to the vehicle to see what is going on, by the time you get back to the vehicle the theif or whatever was happening to the vehicle will be gone

don't get me wrong remote starting from a distance is the only thing I would want to have good range on

autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
I just became a Compustar dealer myself but I think 434mhz version has 800 or 1500' of range. The 1W900FM and 2W900FM's have 3000', and the 2W900FMSS versions have the 6000' range.
cluby262000 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

Has any one tried the 2w90fmr or 2wssr.  I live in a apartment bluid and it has a steel roof and probley 1500' or less to my trcuk.  I am wondering which one will work inside my apartment.  I mostly just want remote start, and know that it started, cause I live on the oppiside of the parking lot.  I've been told that the 2wssr would most likely work but was think that the 2w900fmr would be nice for the dallor.

Mike Thompson
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

well in my previous post I forgot to state taht I do have the 2wss-AS in my car, the AS stands for alarm/starter, I like it alot, I would say you would have no problems with where you are living with that one

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic