icon

2005 Tiburon Wont Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer with a 2005 Tiburon that seems to refuse to start when it gets cold. I have replaced brains in the car, completly removed the unit and went to a new brand, I have tried tach signal at injectors, at the coil and at the white wire in the passanger kick. This damn thing wont start. This customer has been here a number of times and it just wont start when it gets cold, like anything under freezing. Any clues? The unit is a Nustart right now and I also had a nordic start in there before. For those who dont know, Nustart is just a compustar piece.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Is it a cold key transponder? Maybe the remote start unit is fine and the transponer doesn't like the cold.
Steve G
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
when you say wont star, do u mean wont crank or fire up?
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
messiah9966 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
i know this may sound stupid, but do you have the accessory lead powered up in the car? There may be some kind of device that needs to be powered up on the accessory lead that allows the car to start when cold. I know this really reachin but i'm just trying to help.
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
FYI...
Accessory pink   +   ignition harness     
Second Accessory orange   +   ignition harness     
That doesn't sound too far fetched messiah9966, I've seen that on some other vehicles. It makes no mention of it in the directed wiring diagram but it's still a possibilty.
Steve G
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have n ever heard of a cold key transponder before, but come to think of it, its not the standard DEI bypasss I usually use, its some knock off that we had to get in a pinch, second, I believe I only have one accessory powered up but I dont see why that is going to affect cold weather starting only, and lastly when I say it doesnt start it just cranks continuously but wont actually fire. The key thing kinda starts to make sense but I have used these moduals in several other vehicles with no issues before so I dont know why this Tiburon woould be different. I was assuming weak tach signal when the motor was cold, like what happens on impalla's but if anyone knows of something else let me know. I would still like a little more info on the "cold key box" line of thinking
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
iskidoo 
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well some people have experienced issues with transponder keys left in the box in extreme cold conditions. Usually a key is in the house and when you take it out and start the car it's not freezing cold. The factory key has poor range on the transponder the colder it gets which can result from being left out in those temperatures all the time.
Steve G
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
I'd check the transponder and the main ignition connection.   If you soldered the connection, make sure its not cold soldered. I haven't had any bad luck with hyundai transponders, but I usually do the bypass with the customers spare key.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic