icon

Prestige 786t question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
freythman 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing my new 786t on my '01 Mirage Tuesday. It was my first install, and took me quite a while (20 hours). Anyway, fluff aside, as I was programming, I think I changed an option I didn't want to change, and I can't figure out how to set it back. Normally, when I press the lock/arm key, it locks, arms, the parking lights flash, and the siren chirps once. When I press the unlock/disarm key, it unlocks, disarms, the parking lights flash twice, and the siren chirps twice.
Somehow I changed something that made it not chirp when you lock or unlock the car, and I really liked that chirp confirmation. The siren still works (the alarm sounds and it still confirms on remote start), but it stopped confirming a lock or unlock. I can't find anything in either the install or operation manual about this option. Does anybody know how I could set this back? Could I just leave my battery disconnected overnight and it reset everything to default? Any help would be appreciated.
Also, not as important, but has anyone every installed an option to have the rear defroster turn on when the car is remotely started? I haven't fooled with it yet, but I think I would hook it up to the output side of the defroster switch to the wire from the alarm that sends a ground pulse during, or after start. I guess you may have to use a relay, but I'm just wondering if anyone has every fooled with that. Thanks in advance for any advice.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
AUDIOVOX units can be a pain to program, your best bet is to call their tech support and they can walk you through it. 1-800-371-7725
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
soundzplus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

Mike --

Not to bust your B*lls .. --Accually they are simple ..

If you read in the manual - it is called Silent Arm/Disarm --

Its in there .. you just have to re program it on .. Simple ..

Good Luck

Soundz Plus, Inc
Complete Custom Car Audio
Warrenville, IL
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Marty.. there definatly not the easist to program Prestige 786t question - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
freythman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, I have found that it is relatively easy to program. (That is if you can read directions.) I'll check the silent arm/disarm function. I found out what I needed for the defroster too.
freythman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I found the option in the Operator's Manual under "Eliminating the Arm /Disarm Chirp." (Duh, go figure)
Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic