icon

2000 Silverado remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roechas 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

I was in the process of installing a remote start system in a 2000 Chevy Silverado.

I was fixing to strip the RED / White wire which is a constant to the ignition, while I was doing that my strippers touch the steering column and shorted out.

I know I should have disconnect the battery, but I forgot. I turn the key on to see what damage  I did. I hear the door chime and thats about it. No radio, no ignition. I checked all the fuses inside the cab on the drivers side panel, but they are all good. What fuse could I have blown?

Thanks for your help

Charles

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
Outside ..under hood........probably a 30 AMP LARGE Fuse
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
roechas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
No, I checked the ones under the hood by the battery, they were all good. Is there any located under the driver side dash?
roechas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

I figured it out....It starts.

Thanks

Charles

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

what was the problem in the end?

Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
roechas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I am embarrased to say, that it was just a connector that I forgot to plug back in. I saw a spark when the crimper hit the steering column, so I assumed that it blew a fuse. But I was lucky and when I hooked up the connector I unplugged. The truck started right up.
redroc 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

It happens to all of us from time to time.

roechas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to hook up an autopage remote/alarm system.

I have everything hooked up except the door unlock/lock wires. My wire guide says to hook the +lock wire to the lt.blue wire in brown connector at the bcm. When I look at the brown connector. There is at least four lt.blue wires. Can anyone tell me the exact pin location of the lock wire that I connect to is. and if possible the unlock wire also.

Thanks

anickle 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

When you look at the bcm there should be 3 plugs you see it is the last one on the left.  White is unlock and lt.blue is lock.  It would probably help if you pulled out the trusty dmm and just check the positive polarity door locks:)

andrew nickle
roechas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

I have located the brown plug at the BCM. But my problem is locating the right light blue wire within that plug. I tested the top two right wires which are light blue.  When I hook a dmm up to them they both read about 11.69 volts. When I hit the lock button it drops to 11.23+ and when I hit the unlock button the voltage goes up to 12+. I may have the readings backwards, I tested it the other day. I am not sure how the wire should react when I hit the lock and unlock button to know if I have the right wire or not. I realize that my dmm may not be able to register the voltage change fast enough for me to see what it is actually doing. Please tell me how to find the correct wire within this plug.

Thanks for your help.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic